Ten Romantic Songs to Lighten the Mood in Valentines Day Curated by a Professional DJ

Valentines Day is on the way

70
Nathan Dumlao, Unsplash

This is the time where love is in the air and what better way to put love in the air than to do it with music. Music is an essential part of Valentines Day because one must set the right mood. Music is what brings people together and it can definitely make anyone happy. If you have no idea what to play, well this article can definitely help you out. You can listen to it sequentially (recommended) or shuffle. It is completely up to you. I have set it up to where the songs gradually speed up by a touch and eventually work its way down.

"Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)" - Frank Sinatra Featuring Count Basie

Frank Sinatra Featuring Count Basie: "The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings"

To kick this playlist off, we have "Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)" by the one and only Frank Sinatra featuring Count Basie. It is the perfect song to play first because you can either dance with your partner, gaze into their eyes while eating dinner, or simply cuddle with them.

The love verse: "You are all I long for. All I worship and adore. In other words, please be true. In other words, I love you."

"Lost In Japan" - Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes: "Shawn Mendes"

Shawn Mendes has this vibrant, upbeat, happy voice that people love so much. The song is groovy, but it is also not too energetic to where it becomes a party song. It has the right amount of mellowness from a song to enjoy with your partner.

The love verse: "Let's get lost tonight. Let's get lost tonight. Baby, you and. I can't seem to get you off my mind."

"Loving Is Easy" - Rex Orange County Featuring Benny Sings

Rex Orange County Featuring Benny Sings: "'Loving Is Easy'"

"Loving Is Easy" has got to be one of the most beautiful songs you could listen to lighten up Valentines Day. It can really put love in the air. The instruments are bright, the lyrics are catchy, it can definitely put a smile on both you and your partners face.

The love verse. "Loving is easy. You had me f- up. It used to be so hard to see. Yeah, loving is easy. When everything's perfect. Please don't change a single little thing for me."

"Everything" - Michael Bublé

Michael Bublé: "Call Me Irresponsible"

Michael Bublé has that strong, yet soothing voice that can make... EVERYTHING... romantic. Picture this, you are sitting down with your partner, you look at them and all the darkness is gone. You look at them and think, "You light me up." Coincidentally, the song also sings, "You light me up." Does that not sound romantic?

The love verse. "And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times. It's you, it's you, you make me sing. You're every line, you're every word, you're everything."

"Hands Down" - Brandyn Burnette & dwilly Featuring Kayo Genesis

Brandyn Burnette & dwilly Featuring Kayo Genesis: "Hands Down"

"Hands Down" by Brandyn Burnette & dwilly featuring Kayo Genesis is hands down a great song to bop with your significant other. It is a mellow, yet funky song that brings good vibes to wherever you are with your partner.

The love verse: "Hands down. My mind's made up; you're the best I ever had. Hands down. It feels so good when opposites attract. Hands down. I'm not one for getting too attached. Hands down. But my mind's made up; you're the best I ever had."

"I Just Called To Say I Love You" - Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder: "I Just Called To Say I Love You"

This is probably one of the greatest R&B and one of the greatest love songs of all time. It is without a doubt that this song is in the Valentines Day playlist. The lyrics literally explains of someone calling their significant other and telling them they love them from the bottom of their heart. If that is not a fantastic song for Valentines Day, I do not know what to tell you.

The love verse: "I just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much I care. I just called to say I love you. And I mean it from the bottom of my heart."

"I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz

Jason Mraz: "I'm Yours"

"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz was released in 2008. This song was used a lot during the time Vine was alive and were utilized in videos that conveyed happiness. It is the perfect song to be happy with your significant other. Who would not want to do that? It is a celebration of love and happiness.

The love verse: "And look into your heart, and you'll find love, love, love, love. Listen to the music of the moment, people dance and sing. We're just one big family. And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved, loved. So I won't hesitate no more, no more. It cannot wait, I'm sure. There's no need to complicate. Our time is short. This is our fate, I'm yours."

"Speechless" - Dan + Shay

Dan + Shay: "Speechless"

Ideally, this would be the perfect love song to be played at a wedding. However, since Valentines Day celebrates love, why not throw it in there? Especially for people that are married, it is the right song to look back on the wedding.

The love verse: "Starin' at you, standin' there, in that dress. What it's doin' to me, ain't a secret. 'Cause watchin' you is all that I can do. And I'm speechless. You already know that you're my weakness. After all this time I'm just as nervous. Every time you walk into the room. I'm speechless"

"Heartbeat" - Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood: Storyteller

I understand that some people do not like country. Hear me out, do not leave this song in the dust. Hearing Carrie Underwood's voice is extremely powerful, yet soothing and the song makes you want to fall in love with your significant other over and over again. Sometimes when I listen to it, I can feel almost like this calm wind going down my spine. That is how powerful the song is.

The love verse: "I wanna feel it like a kick drum, beating faster in your chest. I wanna feel you holding onto me and make me hold my breath. You pull me closer, my head on your shoulder, baby we won't beat the song. We'll make a fallen star wish, one more slow kiss, what are we waiting on?"

"All My Life" - K-Ci & JoJo

K-Ci & JoJo: "All My Life"

This song is just a classic. It is the perfect representation for R&B and soul music. The voices of K-Ci and JoJo are so heavenly that it can possibly make a grown man cry. Enjoy this song because it is a song about being grateful for finding that special someone.

The love verse: "All my life. I prayed for someone like you. And I thank God. That I. That I finally found you."

Bonus: "Love." - Kendrick Lamar Featuring Zacari

Kendrick Lamar: "DAMN"

I know I said ten songs, but this song has to be included in this article. First off, the song is simple and mellow. Hearing the filtered keys, the echo vibe voice of Zacari, and the simple drum pattern is the perfect vibe love song with your partner.

The love verse: "I wanna be with you, ayy (just love me). I wanna be with (just love me, just love). I wanna be with you, ayy (love me), I wanna be with. I wanna be with you (love me, just love me)."

If you liked this suggestion, let me know on Instagram @petertruongmusic.