Face masks 7/02
Health Wellness

5 lush face masks to mask your stress away

If you're a big face-masker like I am, then you've probably tried Lush before. But have you tried these 5 Lush masks?

79
Alyssa Owings

I love wearing face masks. On a Friday night, a Tuesday morning, while I'm drinking a coffee on Wednesday while I''m writing an article and watching a true crime documentary... It doesn't really matter to me. I have a lot that I like, but my favorite place to buy my masks is from Lush. They have so many different ones that all target different things, and over the last three years, I've found some awesome ones that I think are really good at getting rid of stress and helping me to relax.

1. Birth of Venus Jelly Mask

LUSH

​This is the mask I'm wearing in the cover photo. It was gifted to me as a birthday present last year and I grew to really love it. I had never used a jelly mask before I was given this one, and I can attest to the fact that they're a cool experience. I really like the way it smells, too, which is crucial if you're trying to get rid of some of your stress. Just don't be dumb and use it after the expiration date like I did because it will make your face itch.

2. Cup o' Coffee

LUSh

This was the first mask I ever tried from Lush. Freshman year, I thought I would try to be cute and take really early morning classes. As you can imagine, it wasn't one of my greatest ideas and I really struggled. I tried not to look like absolute garbage when I went to class in the morning because I usually ended up having really long days, so I wanted to look at least semi-presentable. This mask was the perfect solution to that.

On the days that I had early morning classes, I would put this mask on for ten or fifteen minutes while I did the rest of my morning routine stuff and when I washed it off, my skin looked awesome. I looked like I had been up for two hours and had six cups of coffee and was ready to tackle the day. That was literally never true, but at least I looked like it was.

3. Mask of Magnaminty

LUSH

Another of my absolute favorites. If you tend to get breakouts because you're stressed or you just want to better exfoliate your face, this is a good one to use. You don't have to keep this one in the fridge but I like to because it makes it extra-cooling when you put it on.

It's very cleansing and as someone with mildly sensitive skin, I think this one is probably a good one for any skin type!

4. Catastrophe Cosmetic

LUSH

This one is really nice to help calm your skin. It's another one of those masks thats great if you've got some breakouts or if you have a lot of redness on your skin. It has actual pieces of fresh blueberries in it which for one is just really cool but for two smells really nice.

Since it has fruit in it it is required to be refrigerated but that's something I don't mind. I pretty much refrigerate all of my face masks from LUSH because I just like the cooling sensation they give you if you do that.

5. Rosy Cheeks

LUSH

Last but not least is this doozy. I personally have never used this mask (because I don't like the smell of rose very much) but I know people that have and swear by it. Like a lot of LUSH's masks, it is supposed to give a calming effect to the skin, but this one is also supposed to leave your skin looking more matte! Can I get a round of applause from my oily-skin community?

With the coming school year looming on the horizon (it's just over a month away for some people!) these face masks will definitely help you reign in your stress and stay looking your best... even when you do have three books to read and five papers to write in one week.

Stay calm and mask on.