Next Summer I'll Be a Better Me

Until Next Summer

My goals for next summer!

79
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWEHVsBBXiWmgusDSs3q0759s3sgqf7kiC6AdA0/?taken-by=emma_looby
Emma Looby

Another summer is coming to an end, but this time, I am seriously in my feelings about leaving home.

At first, I thought I was silly for feeling this way because this summer has been pretty uneventful with not much going on and I will be back to visit in a few months. After thinking about it for a little while, I realized why I'm a little sadder this time around, I feel like I have outgrown my summers spent at home.

I will always miss my friends, parents, and the house I grew up in when I leave, but I feel like I am ready for more of a challenge. I did a lot of fun things this summer and spent time with fun people, but I feel like I didn't personally challenge myself enough. I

had the opportunity to be creative and spend time on personal projects and try new things, but I didn't. I am beyond grateful for the time I had to relax and decompress, but next summer I want to do more things that would help me grow.

I think more traveling, and having a parttime job that I enjoy are two things that I want to make happen. I have written about my struggle to expand outside my comfort zone, and traveling and finding a new job are two things that would really help me expand my horizons. Visiting new places and trying new things are very important and I need to make time to do that.

My time home has shown me the importance of self-motivation and the importance of spending personal time in a more fulfilling way. I am very grateful for the grounded time I have spent with my family and the time I had to be able to set goals, but next summer I want to be more productive.

I want to foster a better me.