How To Not Kill Your Spouse During Covid-19

It's until death do us part for a reason... right?

47
https://unsplash.com/photos/eDif4JGhYes
Photo by Adam Griffith on Unsplash

For the record, I am not going to kill my sweet husband.When you are in close quarters with the ones you love, things can get a little tight. Whether if you are together by law or lease, there will be times that you want to either kill or escape one another. I don't care if you are in a homosexual or heterosexual situation being with someone nonstop could put a damper on your relationship. There are some that thoroughly enjoy each others company 24/7 and those people are lucky people. There are ways to get around wanting space from one another because the number one tip is to go into another space.

Go claim a spot in the house and don't move from there until you miss the other person or people. If you are living with roommates, go to your room and don't leave until you miss human contact. If you live by yourself, then you don't have to worry about it. If you are living with your spouse, one could go in the bedroom while the other stays in the living room. You should not interact with each other unless its to make each other laugh. Comedy is a great buffer when one wants to escape from murder.

A great way to escape the house during a stay-at-home order from the government is to take turns going to the grocery store. When living with roommates, this is the time to become at home master chiefs because of the downtime. If someone in the house is an essential worker, its a great way to go visit and escape the blood bath that is about to occur in the household. If it's the roommate that no one likes...target practice anyone? All jokes aside, this is the time to learn new hobbies. Who knows, you could be the world's best souffle maker and you don't even know it.

On the subject of leaving the house separately, one does not need to leave the house to just go to the grocery store. One could go out for a walk. Most of us are hermits that love to stay indoors with no sunshine. It is okay to go outside and get some vitamin D because that helps with things that most of us suffer from such as depression and anxiety. I am not saying that it is the cure but I will admit that it helps me.

The most important tip of all is to PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. If someone in your house has a 6 foot pole or object, it would be a good idea to poke each other if they get too close and that counts when anyone is going outside. Maybe get one of those giant plastic bubbles when going outside if you have the money to spend when not having a job.

While this is a slightly sarcastic article and it is sad that I have to put this in there for the Barbara's and Karen's out there that will take this article seriously. All in all, please stay safe and WASH YOUR HANDS.