Unrequited Love

Unrequited Love

Its just a recipe for heartbreak.

10
Google Images

Unrequited love – (n.) Its the feeling of being completely, hopelessly, desperately in love with someone, all the while knowing that your feelings will never reach them.

This is a concept I am far too acquainted with.

The feeling you love someone so much and they don’t feel the same. It’s the same cycle over and over again. You catch feelings, they realize, something happens between you two (flirting, kiss, etc.), and then they drop the bomb of “oh, I’m sorry but I don’t feel the same. I’m not sure why you thought I did.” So you sit there and think to yourself, “Why am I so dumb? Why did I fall for it yet again?” You’re human. Life happens.

When the moment finally hits of them telling you or just you yourself realizing the feelings are not returned is the worst. It feels like they reached inside your chest and ripped your heart right out of your chest. Then they question why you’re upset and tell you not to make them feel like a jerk, but how do you act like everything is okay after that? How do you speak without breaking into tears? It’s impossible.

Eventually you move on. You focus on yourself, school, or just anything else that will keep you busy. You move on until the cycle begins repeating itself.

You are strong and you can get yourself through this. If we’ve done it before, what says we can’t get through it again? You are strong and you don’t need anyone else’s love. Everything happens for a reason, so maybe this reason is it is just not time for us to have this love.