Unnecessary Suspicion Between Women
Identities

I Am Not Here For Unnecessary Women Tension

The next time you catch yourself treating another woman with suspicion ask yourself why.

251
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjKSeaGBosV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=y9tag2eh725t

I have two older brothers and a little sister that came later to annoy me (love you Micah!). You saw and heard their stories if you saw my last article about love. I remember being so fascinated by my older brothers simply because they were my older siblings. I always wanted to follow behind them and do whatever they did. I liked playing sports with them if they would let me and joking all the time. I used to be a complete tomboy.

They taught me about how much I love to laugh and just have a good time.

We never really had serious arguments. They lasted for no longer than 10 minutes. We would just say how we felt, however it came out, and then continue with the rest of our day.

I've always had friends that were girls but I knew something was different.

I love talking and interacting with people but if I'm honest I don't like small talk. I don't hate it, necessarily, but I don't like it. So naturally, when I meet someone for the first time I just like to be myself and say something to get everyone comfortable to avoid the small talk. I've learned it's essential for communication but if I can get around it, I always shoot for something that will "break the ice" for everyone.

For instance, I noticed that my brother and I love when someone we meet for the first time says something crazy to make us laugh. That's how we interact with each other so we find it funny. But when I would hang out with my female friends, sometimes one or two of them would have something suspicious to say about a new person that we met. Throughout my elementary, middle, and high school years I would hear girls talk in suspicion of other girls.

I didn't know that that was what the behavior was called until Michelle Obama talked about it in an interview and I was so happy that I heard a woman finally say those words!

I remember in school some of my acquaintances would see a girl that maybe looked confident or something about her stood out and they would say something like "Who does she think she is?" Or "Why does she have that on?". There are plenty of other examples and the ones I gave probably don't even do it justice.

The type of meaningless comments I would hear females make about another female would just sound like so much negativity. I absolutely hate it.

Have you watched Jada Pinkett's Red Table Talks? There's a good example of how unnecessary tension between women can build up and snowball into confusion and unnecessary conflict through her relationship with Gabrielle Union. I highly recommend watching it even if you haven't experienced this unnecessary tension with another female.

I never understood it and I don't tolerate it around me.

I'm not saying I've never gossipped or said something about somebody before but I pray to God that he keeps my mind on life because the life he shows me is more fulfilling than worrying about people. Personally, I always felt miserable if my mind was focused on people everyday.

He taught me if I'm not speaking life to people and loving people that anything outside of that usually isn't something I'm ordained to do. Negativity is poison for me and I give all thanks to God for showing me how to keep it out of my life.

I don't believe that we were graced to gossip and speak negatively to one another because it feels like drinking poison to me if I even think about someone else in that way.

I really believe practicing depressing behavior and hatred is poison to people. I really would love for women to learn how to keep these behaviors out of their relationships with themselves so that we can have better relationships with others. I don't believe all women fall into this category. I'm really speaking to the women that maybe don't see anything wrong with what I'm saying. I've practiced this behavior before myself.

It doesn't make you a bad person. I think it makes you a person with a new goal and opportunity if you're willing to humble yourself to it to experience more positivity and growth.

None of us are perfect, which is why we have no right to point the finger at another woman or speak negativity to her so we can temporarily feel better about ourselves. It's just a high. It's a toxic high. You'll feel better about yourself for a few moments and if that's where you're going to choose to get your validation from then you're going to have to chase it forever because knocking down another individual will never fulfill you.