The Unknown

The Unknown

Do not fear the unknown

20
The Unknown
Google Images

“We do not fear the unknown. We fear what we project onto the unknown.” — Teal Swan

Life likes to throw curveballs at us when we least expect it. The curveballs come when we feel the most comfortable and secure. They cause us to have to face the fear of the unknown for the different road we are going down than what originally was planned for. The unknown is scary to think about because it is a consistent aspect of life that can never be controlled. It affects everyone no matter what their age or where they are currently are in their lives.

“Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.” — Yvon Chouinard

That unknown can create this overwhelming mix of feelings between being scared and stressed for what it is changing. This is a new challenge in front of us, and we like to stay where it may feel safe. No one wants to step outside of his comfort zone. The unknown can come from deciding where to go to college, having to move to a different city or failing a test needed to pass for a certain major. It is part of our everyday life, and it cannot be avoided no matter how we hard try.

“Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.” — Unknown

These unknowns may be a challenge to overcome, but in the end, we will come out stronger and learn a new side of ourselves that we may not have known about before. We may want to be mad at God for allowing this unknown to occur, but God does not give us more than he knows we can handle. He is always there to catch us when we fall down and help rebuild us up again. Trusting God during these times of uncertainty can be scary, but when we let go of that fear, we can accomplish anything with Him. We are not meant to battle anything by ourselves because we have a Father who will be there for every mountain we have to climb.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27