United We Are Able To Stand Against Any Uprising Situations

When we are isolated, we tend to fall easier and quicker. When we are united, we have pillars that don't let us corrupt.

26

One of the messages that strikes me the most is how powerful unification can be. We are living in a world that continues to become more diversified, with different ways of thinking and different ways of life. Everyone shares a different way of thinking and everyone becomes more drowned and isolated in their own perspectives and philosophies. Unfortunately, this ideology has also been usurped in churches and we have multitudes of people, especially young people, growing up with different thoughts and ideas about life that go against the original word of God.

You might ask, “why unity?” Why is it important for us to be unified, not just in person but also in thoughts, ideas and purposes? What happens when people come together with the same mentality? Not only that, but what happens when people isolate themselves? What happens when they only build relationships with people they feel comfortable with, or with people that look like them? What are the dangers of not being involved universally with people, and having the same thoughts and points of view that God has?

First and foremost, we must understand that unity is one of the attributes of God. God is a three-part being that functions through three different people (God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit). When we combine two molecules of hydrogen with one molecule of oxygen, we have water. The combination of these molecules produces a specific task and a specific purpose. If you take away one hydrogen molecule, it stops being water; it has a different purpose. If you add one oxygen molecule, it also stops being water; it serves a different goal. The same way, unity always comes with a purpose. The adding or taking out of things removes the original purpose as to why something was created. When God created objects, he spoke in singular. Hence, he said, “Let there be light.” When he created mankind, he spoke in plural. Hence, he said, “Let us make man in our image.” This means that the original intention for God to create us so that we can share in the same unity that he shares with himself. Each member of the Holy Trinity has a specific task and specific purpose; still, they use those different tasks that they have so that they can effectively function as one being, which is God! Similarly, we were created and destined to function as one body! One church! With the same mindsets, ideas, and perspectives!

Moreover, we must understand that relationships bring power. Many young people only associate themselves with people that share similar beliefs than they do. They do not want to be proven wrong. As a result, they never cross the line of convenience. They only do what they believe in and will never take a risk to do something new. As a result, their convenience produces comfort, and their comfort produces stagnation in their life. Little do they know that when they take more risks is when things will start changing in their life! The devil will try so hard to block us from being in one spirit because he knows the power that it brings. He knows that a renewed mind means more destruction for him. If we think like Satan, we will become like him. But the more we seek godly relationships, the more we will become like God; and the more we will be in unity with the right people, the right leaders, the right friends, and the right family members. Every new relationship serves as a specific task or purpose in our lives. In other words, how do we know that we are entering a different season? Every season is connected to a person! If we don’t capitalize on those new relationships, we might end up losing that person.

We cannot be in unity with God if:

1. We don’t live the Bible.
  2. If we don’t believe what God says.
  3. If we continue living an independent lifestyle.
  4. If we aren’t constantly praying to be more like God every day.
  5. If we are selfish or stubborn.
  6. If we don’t desire new friendships.

What does it mean to really walk in unity? Many people struggle with it. They don’t want to submit. They want their ideas to be heard, and if they aren’t heard they walk away from the group and enter another group where they will be heard. They only want to be understood. They are stubborn and they don’t believe in changing; they want to share their opinions regardless of what people think. In order to be successful, we must learn to deal with different types of attitudes and function as a diverse culture. We will always meet with unique ways of thinking, but we must remember that the priority of every relationship ties back to Jesus!
For instance, one of my best friends is a rapper. I don’t like rap music. I’m not into rapping, and I doubt that I will ever be. Still, I love him because when we hang out, we share a lot of similar qualities, and we love Jesus above all! We have fun times together, and I know that I can trust him with anything. How do we know if we are truly walking in unity?

1. Having the same mindset and purpose.

When someone has the same mindset and purpose, it means that they are not hiding anything. They don’t have a hidden agenda. Some people don’t adapt to the way of thinking of Jesus because they either love pleasure or they are too attached to the pattern of this world. Hence, they cannot partake in the blessings of God.

2. Having the same attitude.

Jesus had the attitude of service in every relationship. You cannot demand anything out of someone that you don’t serve. Have you sowed into your relationships? Which relationship is struggling? A seed has the power to restore any broken friendship. Do not enter into a relationship expecting anything in return. The first thing that must be in our mind when we enter into a relationship is to serve that person.

3. Being in the same fire and passion.

We must share the same passion and fire for Jesus. My desire is for my best friends to be filled with passion and fire for Jesus. When a person close to me loses fire, I see how spiritually I feel disconnected from that person. Little by little, I become detached and disentangled from that person because we stopped talk about spiritual things. When someone is passionate, it becomes contagious. I want to be around people that carry passion for God; people that will do whatever they can to please him.

4. Having the same language.

God wants us to come into agreement. We will never agree on anything. But we must always die to ourselves and find common ground on something. The Bible says that when two or more are gathered together in God’s name, he is there. The Bible also says that one puts to flee one thousand, and two put to flee ten thousand! The number ten means divine perfection, and it fits perfectly into this message! When two or more are gathered together, there is a divine plan and a purpose that is assigned by God! We must make the decision to attach ourselves and connect with those that love God, seek God and hunger for his presence! The more we do that, the more we will experience breakthrough in every area of our lives!