5 Vacation Destinations You Never Thought Of
Travel

Looking for ideas for your next trip? Look no further!

53
https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-book-business-cactus-297755/

Have you ever met anybody who seems to have been to every corner of the Earth and has countless stories from their lifetime of traveling? If you haven't, I can assure you it is one of the most intimidating conversations you'll ever have. Exploring the world is a basic goal that should be at the top of everyone's bucket list because not only does it provide you with amazing experiences, but it allows you to meet new people and grow and reflect as an individual. Here are a few of the destinations that I believe do just that.

1. Mygatt-Moore Quarry, Colorado

https://museumofwesternco.com/blog/paleontology/ct-scan-of-fossils-sheds-light-on-tooth-replacement-for-plant-eating-dinosaurs/

Everyone is fascinated by dinosaurs as kids, but very few people retain this interest into adulthood. If you are one of these people, then this trip is for you. The Mygatt-Moore Quarry is a paleontologist's wonderland, as it's rich with fossils and ready for exploration. On your trip here, you'll also be able to explore the sand dunes of Western Colorado and visit isolated hot springs with unique views. This isn't the vacation you thought you would take, but it's the one that you need.

2. Edinburgh Castle, Scotland

https://blog.historicenvironment.scot/2016/03/edinburgh-castle-in-your-pocket/

When people think of European trips, they often think of backpacking through Germany while drinking beer or sitting beneath the Eiffel tower eating pasta, but there's so much more to Europe than that. One of the most unique experiences that Europe has to offer is a peek into the clans and history of Scotland, not to mention its beautiful castle or the greenest scenery you've ever laid eyes on.

3. Punakha, Bhutan

https://www.britannica.com/place/Punakha

When I think old temples, I either think of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" or of my homeland (India), but Bhutan sports some of the most beautiful mountain top temples and lakeside palaces in the world. If you're looking for a true, beautiful spiritual learning experience (or you just need a break from living at sea level), I would strongly consider this trip. It is sure to be the vacation of your lifetime.

4. Malakwa, Canada

https://www.point2homes.com/news/canada-real-estate/enchanted-forest-in-malakwa-b-c-for-sale.html

I bet you NEVER thought you could take a fun vacation to Canada! Well lucky for you, Malakwa is home to British Columbia's enchanted forest, one of the most beautiful wooded areas in North America. The forest also sports over 350 fairy folk figurines alongside 800 year old cedars. This is one of the many trips that you can't just talk about-- you have to experience it yourself.

5. Lake Hillier, Australia

https://misterweekender.com/all-posts/pink-lake-hillier-western-australia

Yeah there's thousands of lakes across all the continents, but there's only one that's pink. Lake Hillier is a surprisingly unknown vacation destination in Australia, and the water's pink hue seems to defy any scientific exploration. If you're looking for something to post on your snapchat only for people to swipe up and ask "where is this????????" then this is the destination for you.