Why Being Addicted To Pinterest is unhealthy

Ladies, Don't Let The Pinterest-Binge Turn Your Dreaming Into Hating Your Reality

Love the life you have; if you don't, change it!

111
Personal
Amanda Holt

Scrolling through Pinterest can easily turn into lost time. Finally, when your phone has used enough battery and your eyes are practically screaming, you wake up and realize how many hours you've wasted.

Yes, wasted.

I know pinning to boards and sections makes you feel like your organizing your life a little better, but the sad thing is you'll probably only use 10% of the pins you pinned in those hours.

Hey! I like Pinterest as much as the next girl but at some point, we have to start noticing the unhealthy signs and habits of the Pinterest-Binge.

You've probably succumbed to this "Pinterest-Binge," if you've experienced one or more (or ALL) of these behaviors:

You spent time organizing each of your boards when it came out with the sections.

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

Yes, now our obsession can be an organized one!

You've been single at a wedding and get that wedding high!

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

If you think pinning your wedding dreams is too much, just remember that the ladies of 'Friends' wore dresses while they were very single.

You vow to cook and bake more.

i.imgur.com

Anyone can be a professional cook with Pinterest in their hand, am I right?

You think about decorating your own home one day, but you are nowhere near financially stable enough to be a homeowner.

blog.xybix.com

Pinterest makes me a professional interior designer, right?

Honestly, there's more. I know there's more, but this is just what I have caught myself doing in the last week. It starts off on my newsfeed and I get this kick off let's pin and dream about what I'm going to do with my life when I am a self-proclaimed, self-sufficient adult.

And then after I feel that I've successfully pinned all that fellow pinners have to offer and I think I'm satisfied, the nagging thoughts pop into my head and ruin it all:

Why can't this be right now? Why can't I have this life now? Why am I not planning my wedding? Why am I not buying my own home? Why am I not making all these fun and delicious recipes for my family?

What once was fun and games in dreaming turns into this emptiness that only leads to us questioning and hating our reality.

It sucks because you want what you want and you want it right now. You're trying to live this Pinterest life, plan a Pinterest wedding, have a Pinterest family, and make a Pinterest home. But when did Pinterest become the standard by which we measure how great our life is?

Ladies, it's time to take a step back. Put down the phones. Turn off the computer. Stop comparing what your life should be to what Pinterest tells you it should be.

We're not getting rid of Pinterest, but maybe it's time to reevaluate the boards on your profile. How many of them are about a maybe better someday rather than a possible today?

Sure, pin creative crafts to try but stay clear away from the wedding boards and future home boards for a while. Spend time molding your possibilities today instead of dreaming of the perfect Pinterest lifestyle. Maybe change the frequency of using the app or the website.

Notice how much fuller your life will seem. Notice how creative you are and what you can do NOW instead of waiting for your future to come true.

Love the life you have and stop waiting for the future to let your pins happen.