Understanding The Keto Diet

Understanding The Keto Diet

5 Tips on Ketosis

573
Understanding The Keto Diet
Loren Lucio

The Keto diet is a low carb and sugar diet that adjusts your body into burning off fat for energy instead of glucose which comes from carbs. Like any diet, keto can be tricky, so here are five tips on being on the keto diet.

Step 1: No cheat days!

The trick with the keto diet is to be in the state of ketosis. Then the body begins to burn fat, causing your body to drastically lose weight. Yet, when you take cheat days you throw your body out of ketosis, stopping the weight loss. You can purchase keto strips to determine if you are in the ketosis state.You have to have a strong mindset if you are willing to do this.

Step 2: Fasting

One way that allows your body to reach the ketosis state quickly is fasting for the first two to three days. Eat a big healthy breakfast, eggs with avocado, and do not eat until dinner. It’s important to remember that this is not something one has to do, it is simply a step that allows you to reach ketosis state more quickly.

Step 3: What can you eat?

Some of the things you can eat on the Keto diet you can eat meat, cheese, vegetables, fish, and eggs. Also, saturated fats such as butter, coconut oil, and lard are good to use when cooking on the diet. For drinks, it’s best to stick with water or apple cider vinegar.

Step 4: Side effects.

You will experience carb withdraws, so do not be alarmed if you start to feel overly tired or sick. These symptoms will go away in a few days. It’s important to keep drinking lots of water and to stick with the correct foods, otherwise, you will simply go through it all over again once you re-reach the ketosis state.

Step 5: Keep working out!

This diet is not to gain muscle but to lose weight, so stick to cardiovascular exercise like running, bicycling, swimming or walking.

Work hard and you will see the amazing results!