Something I Don't Understand About Politics

It may come as a surprise to some that in a presidential election, there are usually more than two candidates when we get down to election day in November. This blows my mind, mostly because it seems as though these Third Party candidates seem to go fairly unnoticed by the majority of citizens as we are systematically trained to only see Democratic and Republican candidates. I understand that our government is designed as a two-party system, but why would all of these third party candidates make it onto the ballot?

Why, when we are a country based on freedom and the right to decide who rules us, do we not allow the public to see all of their options available to them in each presidential election? Why are they not allowed to debate with their competition and given the opportunity to prove themselves to the country. If we're going to allow them on the ballot, they should be given a fair chance to win just like every Democrat and Republican candidate.

There is no way you can believe that every citizen in America is represented by the Democratic or Republican party, I myself am not. I feel it is our right as American citizens to be shown every option in the elections as fairly as possible, and the country is just failing at that. The Commission on Presidential debates (CPD) is a non-partisan committee that is an entity formed from Democrats and Republicans that sets guidelines that every candidate must meet to be eligible to debate. Knowing that, it should seem a little sketchy to you as a citizen that no Third party candidate makes it into debates.

Our country is biased towards the major two parties and the underdogs are hardly given a shot at success. Educating the public on our government and our candidates is something that is extremely important and bonding our country for the greater good. When committees like the CPD are the ones deciding who the citizens should see in debates rather than the voters, something is wrong and we need a change.

I'm all for voting for the underdogs and researching every presidential candidates, but I am lucky enough to have the ability to do this research on my own. Some people need help and when they are only given what the elites want, they aren't getting the truth. It is unfair to us as voters.

I vote for change.