7 Most Under-Appreciated 'Game Of Thrones' Characters

We all love a Dragon Queen and moody Bastard, but there are some top characters that go sorely unloved.
50

7. Jojen Reed

6. Ghost

Our favorite direwolf doesn't get nearly enough credit... or screentime.

5. Gilly

First of all, she survived her crazy Father-Husband. She sticks up for Sam against his family. And let's be real... we actually wouldn't know Jon Snow's identity if it wasn't for Gilly. Don't believe me? Rewatch the library scenes with Sam.

4. Meera Reed

Much like her brother, Meera's loyalty and dedication to Bran are incredible. She may not have known exactly what they were getting into, but she took everything in stride.

After "Hold The Door", Meera drags her emo boyfriend quite a long way. Even with Benjen's help, she takes on a lot to get Bran home. And as much as I understand Bran's new robotic attitude... she gets nothing but a half-hearted thank you and dismissal. Not to be hyperbolic, but if we don't see Meera again I'm going to sue HBO.

3. Margaery Tyrell

She is actually a fairly popular character, but I still don't think she receives the love she truly deserves. To the very end, Margaery was always the smartest person in the room. She was a True Match for Cersei, yet still retained her kindness and compassion. Yes, she was a master manipulator, but she was also a genuinely good person.

2. Podrick Payne

The softest and sweetest lad in all of Westeros... who is STILL ALIVE. Not to mention his apparent ~skills~ in the bedroom. He's smart, kind, loyal... Pod must be protected at all costs.

1. Sansa Stark

She wins the gold medal for most under-appreciated character in the entirety of this show. Rivaled only by Theon Greyjoy and Jaime Lannister, Sansa has undergone the most extreme character development. And she definitely wins that title for female characters.

But why is she so amazing? She's survived the two most hated and horrible characters in the show – Joffrey Baratheon and Ramsay Snow. She killed the latter, and had an accidental hand in killing the former.

Her emotional manipulation of Little Finger, who was a king of manipulation himself, not only resulted in his downfall, but also won the Battle of the Bastards and regained Winterfell. Yes, without Jon Snow she wouldn't have been able to swoop in at the end with the Vale and win the battle.

But Jon would've been toast if she hadn't showed up. She was the USA in WWII. She's learned from the best players in The Game. Sansa's political skills all derive from Cersei, Margaery, Little Finger, and Tyrion. She's learned from the very best and most deceptive, yet she's still a Stark through and through.