10 Songs For The Ultimate Indie Summer Playlist For Good Vibes

Need something to listen to down by the beach this summer? Here's a list of indie favorites old and new to make your summer the best one yet!

367

The perfect playlist is essential for every summer moment.

Whether you go to the beach or relax back home there are plenty of dance-worthy playlists to brighten your mood and create the best summer ever.

Just because we are stuck at home trying to get through this whole pandemic doesn't mean we can't jam out to some summer-inspired songs anyways.

1. "Let's Go Surfing" - The Drums

This classic by surf rock band, The Drums, is sure to get you in the beach mood any time, any where.

2. "Crash My Car" - COIN

Maybe you can't go to the ocean this summer, that's okay! Crash my car has enough energy to get you dancing in your room.... or running down the street with some friends.

3. "Ms. California" - Beach Bunny

Beach Bunny was able to make a song that not only plays with your heartstrings lyrically, but makes you want to dance musically. They continue to do this with their song Ms. California off their new album Honeymoon.

4. "OK" - Wallows

This summer seems like it's going to be unpredictable with everything going on in the world. Wallow's latest single asks again and again "Can we get up and try to feel okay again?" Definitely a perfect anthem for summer 2020, as just like the music video, the most we might get out of this summer is listening to music with headphones on and drive-thru runs.

5."Flip Phones" - Sjowgren

Sjowgren showed up with their new EP, featuring Flip Phones, which is such a relaxing song to listen to especially if you are freaking out a bit being stuck in your home. If you don't take my word for it the song itself says "Yeah one more just to soothe the soul, cause these days are out of control"

6. "Space Cadet" - Beabadoobe

This song deserves a spot in the next big coming-of-age movie, when the main character feels like their world has fallen apart and isn't sure where to go from there. I think many of us feel lost these days and Beabadoobee captures it beautifully in Space Cadet. This song stays humble and calm, yet the energy it produces feels so familiar.

7. "South" - Hippo Campus

Definitely another coming-of-age song, Hippo Campus's South reminds you of driving down highways with windows rolled down and the sun setting behind you. Another relaxed choice, but perfect for the summer season and for this transitional period in your life.

8. "Goodpain" - Yoke Lore

This one is a bit more of an emotional rollercoaster, but with high points there are low points as well. Though, this song isn't all sad and is meant to represent how change maybe shouldn't be looked at so negatively and it's essential for us to grow.

9. "Disco" - Surf Curse

Of course I had to include my favorite band and for good reason. Disco by Surf Curse is the definition of a good time in a song. The intro leading into the drums is iconic and this song will surely get you dancing and singing along to its catchy rhythm.

10. "Friends" - Sure Sure

Summer is nothing without having a blast with our friends and unfortunately COVID-19 is ruining all of that. So while we can't hang out with our favorite people right now Sure Sure can certainly get us pumped up to see them again with Friends!