The Ultimate Indie/Alternative Summer Playlist

Because what's summer without good music?

390
blogspot.com

Nothing says summer quite like sharing all your favorite music with the world through open car windows. If you need music inspiration, look no further. Fellow Indie/Alternative listeners, have I got a playlist for you.

1. Fireflies - Owl City

Let's kick this list off with an oldie but goodie!

2. Shark Attack - Grouplove

Despite the title, this song is actually upbeat and amazing. Much like how Grouplove in general is amazing. Wow.

3. Hippy Hill - Grouplove

Had to include this one too because it's such a fun song and perfect for summer days.

4. 1234 - Feist

Another oldie but goodie. Summer is all about reviving the hits of summers gone by, apparently.

5. 100 Letters - Halsey

Summer is also about discovering new music. Halsey released her second album, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom at the beginning of this month, and this is my personal favorite song.

6. Celebrate - Ingrid Michaelson

My girl Ingrid also has a fairly new album out, It Doesn't Have To Make Sense, and her song "Celebrate" was practically made for summer. And of course, check out "Hell No" while you're at it.

7. Older and Taller - Regina Spektor

Because apparently all the best artists have been busy creating new albums for our listening pleasure, so you should definitely check out Regina Spektor's Remember Us To Life, particularly her song "Older and Taller." The opening line is "I remember you older and taller, but you're younger and smaller," and I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that way about certain high school friends upon seeing them during the first summer of college. You should also definitely listen to "Bleeding Heart" for the great beat and instrumentals.

8. Dance Anthem of the 80s - Also Regina Spektor

This is one of Regina's older songs, but so spunky and fun.

9. In The Light - The Lumineers

Because no summer playlist could be complete without at least one song from The Lumineers.

10. Silvia - Miike Snow

Because I feel the same way about Miike Snow as I do about The Lumineers. This song really captures the feel of his music.

11. Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood

You can ignore the title, because this song is actually about the warm weather, and therefore perfect to play on high volume with your car windows down.

12. Golden Days - Panic! At The Disco

Speaking of turning up the volume with your car windows down...

13. Patient Love - Passenger

14. Perfect - Ed Sheeran

Surprise, surprise, I'm still kind of obsessed with Divide. Dance barefoot in the grass to this one, OK guys?

15. Slice - Five For Fighting

I listen to this song practically on repeat every single Fourth of July, and I think you should too.

16. Fourth of July - Fall Out Boy

*Included for obvious reasons* And maybe throw in everyone's other Fourth of July favorite, "National Anthem" by Lana Del Rey.

17. Hometown - Twenty One Pilots

Because Twenty One Pilots should definitely still be as big this summer as they were last summer.

Happy listening!