The Ultimate Blugold Bucket List

The Ultimate Blugold Bucket List

12 things to do before I graduate from UW-Eau Claire

28
The Ultimate Blugold Bucket List
Kimberly Theisen

The city of Eau Claire has so much to offer. From local restaurants to unique events to beautiful parks, Eau Claire has it all. Music is a big part of the livelihood of the city and there’s different coffee shops scattered about making it the perfect city to explore on a nice afternoon. It’s a city that truly has something for everyone. There are so many different things that make Eau Claire a fun, special and unique place that I created a bucket list of things I want to do before I graduate from UW-Eau Claire:

1. Watch the Sunset from the Footbridge

The view from the footbridge is one of the prettiest spots in the city and watching the sunset from the footbridge would make for an incredible sight.

2. Go to Viennese Ball

I love that Viennese Ball would be a reason to dress up. The event held at UW-Eau Claire is also a chance to experience and appreciate an event that originated in Vienna, Austria.

3. Float down the Chippewa River

Floating down the Chippewa River is such a popular activity on warm days and it’s still something that I haven’t done yet. I can’t wait to grab a group of friends and spend a relaxing afternoon on the water.

4. Explore Mt. Simon Park

The views from Mt. Simon Park are beautifully breathtaking and I'd love to explore the park on a nice fall day.

5. Attend Eaux Claires Music Festival

I love going to concerts and listening to music so the two-day music festival featuring food vendors and live music sounds like the perfect way to spend a summer weekend.

6. Escape from a Room at Escape EC

Escape Rooms have become quite a popular craze and one recently opened up in Eau Claire. My goal is to actually escape from a room before I graduate.

7. Hike around Big Falls County Park

Big Falls County Park is another park in Eau Claire that has spectacular views. The waterfalls look like an amazing sight.

8. See Cabaret

UW Eau Claire’s annual musical event, Cabaret, features the talents of various students. It looks like a fun event and it’s definitely one I want to check out.

9. Admire the Chalk Art at Chalkfest

When I get back to campus at the end of summer, I always see the remnants of Chalkfest and the art looks so incredible that I want to admire it when it’s first drawn.

10. Go Kayaking through the Rivers of Eau Claire

I’ve always wanted to go kayaking and it would be so exciting to go kayaking through the various rivers of Eau Claire.

11. Listen to Live Music at Acoustic Café

Listening to local live music is always a great way to spend an evening. I’ve heard great things about Acoustic Café so I can’t wait to hear some live music there.

12. Visit every Coffee Shop in Eau Claire

I love coffee and I love coffee shops. They are the perfect spot to get homework done so throughout my remaining years in Eau Claire, I want to visit every single coffee shop in the city.

There is so much to see and do in Eau Claire that a list of 12 doesn't nearly cover everything, but I hope to at least experience these things and also explore everything else that Eau Claire has to offer.