UFC 230: Lewis Vs Cormier

UFC 230: Lewis Vs Cormier

The UFC has finally booked its mystery main event for UFC 230

263

After a crazy roller-coaster ride through UFC 229, the UFC has finally found its main event for UFC 230. UFC 229 was an action-packed night of knockouts and comebacks with the end of the night wrapping up with Khabib Nurmagomedov earning his 27th win and remained undefeated as he mauled "The Notorious" Conor Mcgregor. Derrick Lewis had a crazy night as well as he was losing his fight to Alexander "Drago" Volkov 3 rounds to none as Volkov continued to outstrike "The Black Beast" and pick his body apart.

Everyone knows you cannot count out Derrick Lewis though. With only about 30 seconds left into the bout "The Black Beast" who was beyond exhausted at this point landed a bomb of a hook that knocks down Alexander Volkov, and Derrick Lewis lands a few more shots on the ground to viciously knock out Volkov. It was easily the best comeback of the night. When Derrick Lewis was asked about a title shot after the bout, he told Joe Rogan he was pretty much not interested he had a few things he needed to work on.

The UFC 230 card that is being held at Madison Square Garden's main event has been in limbo for a while now, but the UFC has finally figured it out. Daniel Cormier will be fighting again this year, and on November 3rd he will defend his UFC Heavyweight Title for the 1st time against Derrick Lewis which is a very interesting matchup.

Before he fought at UFC 229, Derrick Lewis was coming off of a unanimous decision victory over Francis Ngannou at UFC 226 and before that he had brutally knocked out Marcin Tybura at UFC Fight Night 126. "The Black Beast" Derrick Lewis has proved time and time again that he only needs one big punch to end the fight, but will he be able to handle the champ, Daniel Cormier.

The last time we saw Daniel Cormier was when he took on former champion Stipe Miocic at UFC 226. Not only did he fight the former heavyweight champion but he knocked out Stipe brutally when they broke off from a clinch in the very 1st round and Daniel "D.C." Cormier became a 2-division champ. Many were unsure of what was going to happen after this many suspected that D.C.'s next fight will be against Brock Lesnar but though that fight will most likely happen it is not going to happen now.

We do not know what had to be done to make this fight happen, but it has potentially saved the event with the co-main event falling apart after it was announced that Dustin Poirier was injured and he would no longer be facing Nate Diaz at UFC 230. So regardless, us fans are still left stretching our heads as we wonder what is going to happen with Nate Diaz and the Co-main event.

While the announcement for the Main Event is good, we are still left to wonder what is going to take place on the card as we get closer and closer to November 6th.