11 Types Of People You Watch Movies With

It's all about the company.

2453
Wizbang

Movies. They are a great way to forget the mundane and hectic lifestyles we live and are a portal to a fantasy world. They can be quite relaxing, and fun-- except when you are watching them with these types of people:

1. The Commentator

This person will talk and talk. The side comments will not end. Often times, you are so distracted by what they are trying to say/point out that you miss dialogue. No, Jack. It doesn't matter how many times I have watched the movie; I still cannot miss the dialogue! It's my favorite movie for a reason! And you just made me miss the best line!!!!! I don't care that this character was also in so and so movie. Right now, I am trying to focus on this one! I don't care if you think that guy's hair is dope, or that the side character in the movie looks like the girl who lives four and a half minutes from you... I just wanna watch the movie!

2. The Wannabe Crew Member

This person will sit and literally get invested into the movie. If the main character plays a detective, then this person will also pretend to be one. Hmm, if I was a detective, I would charge Robbie as the guilty one. I mean come on. Look at his creepy smile. He has to be a lunatic! Oh, if I had to rob a bank, I totally would do it that way. Except I'd make sure I was better about getting his fingerprints to access the vault. Oh, that's a good way to kill someone, but they sucked at hiding the body. If I was a part of this movie, I would totally put the body in the tub and make it seem like they were electrocuted. Isn't that smart? (*ummm... relax homie.)

3. The Confused Questioner

This person constantly feels the urge to ask questions about what is happening. They will have a blank hazy look on their face, and will just look baffled. This isn't a highly educational and complex documentary Bob. If you spend more time trying to watch the movie instead of asking me questions, then I think you might actually understand what's happening! It's such a shocking concept I know!

4. The Over-Analyzer

This person doesn't enjoy the film but watches like a hawk for minute details. If the movie really was made in this time period, then they wouldn't have a watch on because those weren't invented yet. They will point out technical issues, set issues... well, just about any issues. They love to express their feelings about the plot: "Well, could this actually ever happen in real life? It logically isn't possible. Like it doesn't add up. That fighting scene was so stupid. How can that one guy beat up all four of those guys in the alley? Oh, that car just happens to fall off a mountain and the person is still somehow alive? How? Actually, I know how. Because it is a freaking love story and of course the guy has to live so he can woo the girl in the film twenty minutes later." Why are you getting so heated, Tiffany? Just watch the movie. They didn't advertise it to be real. This isn't an autobiography. It's fiction.

5. The Hater

This person wants to complain the entire time. They review harsher than actual movie critics. You would think they were getting paid for all this analyzing and commentary. *They aren't.* "Ugh, this actor/actress sucks. I can't believe they picked him/her for the movie. Like how did they even get the role? Oh, my god. The acting sucks. The plot sucked. There wasn't even a good climax. Oh my goodness, who ends a movie like that? Who wrote the script? How did this crap get produced?" Why are you watching the movie then? Obviously, you knew who was going to be in it before you started watching!

6. The "I-have-better-things-to-do" movie watcher

Literally 15 minutes into the movie, you look over and this person has lost interest. This person is checking their "Insta," texting their friends about the movie, taking movie selfies to post on "Insta," planning out their life, etc. I'm not even going to lie. I've done this and I totally understand. Some movies are super long and boring, and I don't want to sit through it. But, I make sure to be a civil and considerate human being by putting it on the lowest brightness setting so I am not inconveniencing my fellow movie watchers. If I can see your screen from nine rows up, it's bright!!! Also, why is your volume up? I don't want to listen to your friend's Snapchat story.

7. The Loud Foodie

I literally had no idea that someone could eat popcorn so loudly. Like it takes skill to be that loud. And honestly who drinks like that? Stop slurping your coke. I'm pretty sure you got every last drop.

8. The Ugly Crier

Often times, this isn't even an exceptionally sad scene in the movie. But, this person just starts tearing up at the slightest emotional part. You look over and it seems like they have the Niagra Falls coming out of them.

9. The "I'm going to have nightmares for days/ walk me to the loo" one

The scary effects of the movie are so bad that I'm in tears. This scary movie is more like a comedy. Like the predictable plot and stupid characters aren't doing it for me. I know what is going to happen and I'm just laughing at how silly the murder set looks. But, that one person is literally about to piss themselves. They are this close to losing it. They are already in their blanket cocoon and have their eyes shut. You wonder how they can actually even see the movie. But, they still manage to jump and scream at every tiny thing. Boooooooo!!!! Haha, they did piss themselves. Tbh, though, the scary effects aren't as scary as my midterm grades.

10. The wisdom seeker aka my dad

This person always wants to look for a theme or something to take away from the movie. It could be a comedy, thriller, rom-com, etc, but this person will always make sure you learn a moral/lesson from it. For me, this person is always my dad. *He cried while watching Legally Blonde for crying out loud!!* Through the tears, I managed to make out some mumbled words, "She worked hard and got into Harvard. She had a goal, and her ambition and will power got her there. See sweetheart? You can dream and do it too!" How was I supposed to break it to him that she initially only applied so she could go to school with her ex-boyfriend in the hope of reconciling with him?

11. The Ideal one

This person is honestly amazing. Hug them and never let them go. They are the best movie date and make movie nights relaxing and enjoyable. They don't overreact (or the opposite: don't react at all), don't talk about their day or other random stuff while you are watching the movie, and actually pay attention to what is happening. They do not spoil the movie for you or ask a million questions. They are wonderful.

I've secretly been many of those people, so no judgment to those out there who fall into these categories!

**No, but honestly who cries when watching Legally Blonde?