Types of Park Players: NBA 2k20

Types of Park Players: NBA 2k20

With the recent success of our NBA 2k20 Build video here is another NBA 2k20 article!!!!!

522
Types of Park Players: NBA 2k20
Attackofthefanboy.com

If you're a fan of 2k from recent years, then I'm sure you've come across the neighborhood once or twice. There are many people that play there. Some shouldn't for lack of skill (or internet connection). Just saying... So let us take you through the different types of people that play in the neighborhood.

Steal Button Masher

These are some of the worst people to play with/against. Yes, we all have the ability to try and steal the ball. And in most cases, if you're someone that has a high steal rating, it works. But occasionally, you'll come across that person that just constantly presses the steal button (x for Xbox, square for PS4). They end up just piling on foul after foul, which not only gives the other team 14 seconds on the clock if it was running, but also it makes the game drag on. Plus, it makes me mad as a teammate/competitor because you're just doing it to be annoying!!!

Big Man

This is one of my favorites. Only because for the past 3 years I've made a big man as one of my main builds. There are many different variations of what a big man can be. Especially in current 2k because there are so many ways to mix and match things that you like. Personally, I always go for the glass cleaner. I'm all about being able to get a rebound over whoever else is in the paint. It has so many advantages. Especially if you grind out the badges. For example, my glass lock has hall of fame hustle rebounder and box out. So there aren't too many people that are getting rebounds over me. But you do get some people that complain about you being too big because it creates an unfair playing field. My response to that would just be, build a person that can combat my build. Sorry about it...

The Slasher

This would have to be my second favorite build. Well a tie for second. These types of players are pretty awesome when it comes to getting into the paint and slamming down an alley oop. Depending on how they're built, they can do a little bit of everything. They may not be the best at shooting, but if they're open, it's over. And don't let them have an open lane. Get ready for the highlight dunks that you only see on ESPN Top Plays. Most slasher probably have multiple dunk packages including Zach LaVine and Aaron Gordon. Those are two of my personal favorites.

The "Cheeser"

Now I didn't even know this was a thing prior to me typing it, lol. Just being honest. Luckily Phil, is well versed in terminology because he explained to me as someone that knows how to get easy buckets. For example, running baseline for a layup because they know that move works a lot. These people are very effective and they probably average multiple points a game in the park. It's very useful to have that skill because a lot of people like to think that shooting is the only way to win. You'll see a lot of forwards that do this move because they're built bigger so they have that size advantage.

The Green Machine

Does this one really need an explanation? It's literally in the name. But for the ones that still don't get it, it's someone that virtually greens just about, if not all of the shots they put up. Now this doesn't just mean they are taking threes from deep wide open. This means they are a literal all around player. Funny enough, in my experience at least, the people I see greening everything are the ones that don;'t use their shot meter. I never know they have it until I see the flash of green. They make the game interesting, especially if they're on your team. I'm sure some people (myself included) have no problem just being there for defensive purposes. It's an easy way to be carried to a win if you have a teammate that is just automatic with the shot.

Iso/Dribble Gods

YouTube.com

These are the guys who usually have a playmaking or shot-creating takeover. I'm 2k20 they abuse,reuse, and redo the same behind the back crossover to help create space for a jumpshot or to attack the rim. They also make their teammates just stand in the corner so they can iso out their opponent for an easy score so no one helps out. Some notable dribble gods on 2k20 are Steezo and ImDaviss.

J.R Smith Jr.

Indiana Pacers v Cleveland Cavaliers NBAE/Getty Images

This next person holds a special place our hearts because our very own head writer Phil is one of these people. The classic catch and shoot specialist. The only problem is they catch and shoot no matter what. Contested or uncontested they will let it fly and try to “shoot ovadoze" without hesitation. Besides JR. Smith jr. they go by other names like Chuck, trigger happy, and many more.

The Glitch Player

YouTube.com

Too lazy to grind your player? No fear a lot of people are like that in the 2k community so you will probably run into a lot of these guys. These players take advantage of the latest badge and VC glitches due to them not wanting to put in the work to grind their player. They would have all their badges maxed out and be a 80 something overall. They do all of their research on YouTube and share the info to their friends via group chat.

The Ante-Up Player

Holdtoreset.com

The next people are the big ballers of the NBA 2k Community. These players play most or all of their games in the Ante-Up Stage. The mostly play at the 5k court so they can get the most VC possible. They spend their day racking up VC so they can use it however they want.

The “Celebrities"

Twitter.com

The next group of people are probably the most well known of the 2k community. These guys have logos on top of their heads and waves of crowds of fellow 2k players behind them. They can be 2k YouTubers, NBA players, 2k league players, musicians, athletes, and even the infamous Ronnie 2k himself. Whenever they load in the park expect a huge gathering of people behind them and a lot of phones out trying to send them invites.

There you have it people the kind of players you have in the NBA 2k20 community. Which ones are you and your friends? Also let us know if we missed any and we might make a part two!!! Thank you guys and enjoy playing park!!!!!