Writing Letters

5 More Things To Write In A Letter

Do you want to be more like Lara Jean Covey? Maybe just without all the drama and scandals.

38

Almost every teen has heard of the new popular Netflix show "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" starring Noah Centineo as Peter Kavinsky and Lana Condor as Lara Jean Covey. The movie, which is based on a novel by author Jenny Han, tells the events following the accidental mailing of Lara Jean's secret love letters to her crushes. Without all the drama and the accidental confessions to your past secret crushes, here are five other things you can write about in a letter.

1. Write about your problems and frustrations

Frustrated

Has someone been getting on your nerves lately? Or maybe the new school year's workload is already stressing you out. Writing about your current problems and frustrations in a letter can be a good way to let off steam and move on at the same time.

2. Write about your dreams

Dreaming

If you've ever had a bizarre dream, like a haunted house collapsing while you're trying to run down from it (like I have), it might be nice to document it and save it to remember for later.

3. Write about your wishes 

Writing

If you ever hope for something to happen with all your heart, or cannot stop thinking about achieving that one special thing, why not write about it?

4. Write about someone you appreciate

Smiling

Words don't always come out easy. Showing appreciation for something, or someone, in an obvious manner can be hard for some. Confessions to a piece of paper though, not so much.

5. Write about your current obsession

Kiss

Whether it's a new band, a new book, or a new hobby, why not express your excitement about your newfound interest by writing about it? I know that my best friend, currently at another university, is actually quite obsessed with this teen flick, so maybe she'd write about that.

Maybe writing in letter form isn't your style; writing these things in a journal is also completely okay. It's your choice to share your writing with others, as well. Just make sure you don't accidentally include an address and stamp to the letter addressed to the person who has been getting on your nerves; I don't imagine this one going as well as Covey's story.