10 Types of College Professors as Told By the Cast of All Stars 2

Because reading is what? Fundamental!

6
i.ytimg.com

Alright guys, if you don't live under a rock, I assume you are well aware RuPaul's Drag Race is back with All Stars 2! This new season has already been full of twist and turns with Ru's introduction of new elements to the game, such as "lip syncing for your legacy," but, if you're like me, you're also well aware that All Stars 2 started at the same time as classes! There's no better way to take a mental break from school than sitting back and watching grown men dress up in high drag, and compete for a crown, in a female impersonation competition. With school, and Drag Race, in full swing, I figured what could be more fun than telling you the types of professors you'll meet in college based on the cast of All Stars 2, so sit back, relax, untuck, and lets get to it!

1. Adore Delano- The passionate one.

Adore will be unlike any college professor you'll ever have, and you will love her for that. She will be someone that you can go to for anything and everything, whether it's related to your studies or not. She would probably be an adviser, because it is very apparent that she cares deeply about her work, and not only her own success, but the success of others, as well. Under Adore's grungy rough exterior, beats a heart of gold. She is a passionate queen, and you'd never regret taking her course, and would be likely to ask her what courses she will be teaching the following semester, just so you don't have to part ways so soon.

2. Alaska- The one everyone knows about.

Alaska...where do I begin? Alaska is just going to be that kind of professor that everyone loves. You recognize her name from hearing it all over campus, and know all about her before even meeting her. When it's time for everyone to be making their schedules, Alaska's courses fill up the fastest, because everyone wants to take her course. She's the type of professor who knows her stuff, and will make sure you do, too, but will always find a way to make her lectures fun and interesting. Unique and original, she will be a professor you don't regret taking, and will be sure to walk into every class starting the lecture with a big ol' "Hieeee!"

3. Alyssa Edwards- The unpredictable one.

Alyssa Edwards is the kind of professor that you will never be able to compare, or explain, to anyone. Her lectures will start on 10 and end on 10, and, baby, you better be taking note, because she will cover a lot of material in her lectures, while simultaneously giving you all your life. Even if you had her course at 8am, you would look forward to going to class, because you will never know what she's going to do next. She is the kind of professor that goes off on tangents in the middle of her lectures, a lot. Hilarious and wild, you will never know what to expect from her course, and you'll remember her for years to come.

4. Coco Montrese- The tough one.

Coco will be the professor that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Everyone has heard about her classes, and how she does everything a certain way, even if it's unconventional. She may come off a sweet old lady, but, don't let that fool you, her course will not be an easy one. Her test usually have nothing to do with what she goes over in her lectures, and her classroom is under strict rule. Coco has her way of doing things, and you're just not going to be able to change that. She is most likely the kind of professor who doesn't allow electronics, or eating, in her classes. and is known to go off on students in the middle of class, and you better take her seriously when she calls you out, because she's "not joking, b*tch."

5. Detox- The grad student.

Detox is the kind of professor that you always end up running into outside of class. She'd be that grad student who teaches you by day, and can be found taking shots with you by night. Everyone knows Detox, and because shes always hanging out with the students in her department, some people think they can push her over, but you'll soon find out that, no matter how outlandish, Detox takes herself, and her work, very seriously.

6. Ginger Minj- The 50/50 one.

Ginger is the kind of professor people either love...or hate. There's no middle ground with her. She and Miss Coco have a lot in common when it comes to their work ethic, Ginger just might be the easier pill to swallow. She's been in the game a long time, and she'll be quick to remind you of that. Ginger is the type of professor that would correct you mid-sentence if you forgot to refer to her as "Dr." Minj. Love her or hate her, my advice is just make sure you study.

7. Katya- The one everyone loves.

Katya is everyone's favorite professor. It is extremely hard for anyone to find something that they dislike about her. She makes every class interesting. Her lectures are easy to follow, and you always feel prepared for her test. She's the kind of professor you keep up with after completing her course. She's someone you can talk to, someone who will listen, and someone who will give it to you like it is. Katya is the type of professor who will always make sure you know the necessary course material, while also preparing you for the the real world. She is always willing and eager to help a student, and her office door is always open, wide open.

8. Phi Phi O'Hara- The straight-forward one.

Phi Phi is the kind of professor who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Her course is known for being very set. She's a straight forward kind of gal. An 89 is still a B, there's no extra credit in her course, don't talk when she's talking, and always make sure you treat her with respect. She's a lot like Dr. Minj in that, while you will find that some students adore her, it would seem most dislike her. She's the kind of professor that sticks to the syllabus, and is quick to say "Check your syllabus" every time you ask her a question, and I assure you it is an incredibly detailed syllabus.

9. Roxxxy Andrews- The one you just have to deal with.

Roxxxy would be the type of professor that probably teaches some general education course that you're forced to take, and, while it just a GenEd, she treats it like it is the most important thing in the world. She is convinced that her class is way more important than it is in reality, gives a million quizzes, a ton of homework, and causes everyone to struggle to pass. You probably didn't want Roxxxy as your professor, but her class was the only one you could fit into your schedule. Just follow her instructions and study. When it comes to Roxxxy's class, good luck and don't f*ck it up.

10. Tatianna- The underappreciated one.

Tatianna is the kind of professor that you haven't heard much about. She's been around awhile, but people don't usually have much to say about her. You sign up for her course and find out that she is an amazing teacher, and you learn a lot more from her than you thought you would. She's your college's hidden gem. Sometimes, in her class, she may come off as condescending, but you come to realize that's just who she is. She's just one of those professors whose personality you have to learn, and she genuinely cares about what she does, and her student's success. I imagine you'll never be able to turn in your work without a "Thank you."

These are just some of the professors you're sure to come across in college, if you haven't already.

Let me know of you think I got it right, and don't forget to tune into RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars on Thursdays for one of the fiercest seasons yet!