Thank You To My Guy Best Friends

Thank You To My Guy Best Friends

You bring out my inner bro, and I love it.

45
Thank You To My Guy Best Friends
PlayBuzz

Nothing against girl friends, but there is just something about having guy best friends that brings an indescribable comfort and happiness to your everyday life. And I'm not just going to say, "boys are less drama" like people tend to believe, because that is completely unrealistic and not even close to true. The drama comes along with the boys, but it's a drama that is worth dealing with in the end. So that being said, although I absolutely can't stand you at times, I love you and appreciate our friendship more than you think. And I just have to thank you.

1. Thank you for your honest opinion on my outfit.

I can always count on you to let me know that yes, that shirt does indeed make me look fat. Who needs friends that lie about stuff like that? I need someone that will tell me those shoes look awful with the pants I'm wearing, and that I should never try and do that with my hair ever again.

2. Thank you for letting me bother you with my problems.

Not that you don't have any problems of your own, but you can be such a great listener when I need to just rant on and on about my life for a few minutes, or hours. Even when you're not even listening because I interrupted a very important Xbox game with my rambling, you still let me get everything off my chest and I have no problem trusting you with what I say.

3. Thank you for letting me know when I'm being crazy.

Luckily for me, you have no problem telling me I sound psychotic, or that I should stop worrying, or that I am making absolutely no sense.

4. Thank you for also letting me know when I'm being annoying.

Even though more than half of the time I am annoying you on purpose, you'll let me know right away that I am driving you crazy, just know I enjoy every second of it.

5. Thank you for being my personal wingman.

Just like guys will have their girl best friends be their wing-woman, a guy best friend is a great wingman. They know you better than most, and they'll talk you up just as good, if not better than one of your girl friends. Plus a guy best friend comes with a lot of guy friends to be introduced to, what a bonus.

6. Thank you for forgiving easily.

Girls can hold grudges for a lifetime. Luckily for me you will either understand why I did something, or simply accept that I did it easier than most. There is not nearly as much explaining or healing by time. Big or small, you forgive me for mistakes I may have made and I thank you.

6. Thank you for the random adventures.

Sometimes you just need to get in a car and go, and I can always count on you to grab the keys and some good music for times like this. Who knows where we will end up but we always have a good time just cruising around together escaping reality.

7. Thank you for being an approval needed by boyfriends.

This seal of approval is right there next to my family's. It's important to me that you think I made a good choice, and even more important that I know you'll speak up when you don't approve. And of course relationship advice comes hand in hand, and it's always helpful to hear the guy's perspective, and who better to go to than your best friend?

8. Thank you for protecting me.

Whether I am wanting a body guard or not, I know you're always looking out for me and making sure I'm okay. And if any guy looks at me the wrong way, I know I can count on you to pretend to be my boyfriend, and I love it.

9. Thank you for your family.

Your family welcomed me with open arms since day one, and has become like a second family to me. I know the door is always open if I need someone or something (especially food), and that mean's so much to me. They're also my go-to when I need someone to make fun of you with me. It has even come to the point where I text your mom to make plans before I text you. I love them like they are my own, and I wouldn't have them if it wasn't for you, so thank you.

10. Thank you for bro talks.

Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean a lot of the time, a girl needs to get away from the rest of the girls and just grab an Xbox controller, a beer, and talk with the boys. Enough said. Thank you for letting me take part even though I'm a girl.

11. Thank you for letting me be myself around you.

I don't have to think twice about what I say, wear, eat, etc. around you and it's such a comforting feeling. I know I can ugly cry in front of you all I want, and you'll make fun of me until I finally laugh.

Just know, if we're 40 and still single, you're my backup plan, so I'll be calling. But for now, knowing I have such a great, true friend is an indescribable feeling that I wouldn't trade for the world, and I thank you.