20 Songs Swifties Should Know By Heart

20 Songs Swifties Should Know By Heart

Because Taylor is queen.

1189
20 Songs Swifties Should Know By Heart
Photo Files

We all know how popular Taylor Swift is. There are two sides to the coin -- either you love her or hate her. Reasons vary on both sides of the coin. If you are a Swiftie, what Taylor Swift fans call themselves, you would know these 20 songs.

1. Tim McGraw

"Tim McGraw" was the first song Taylor ever received an award for, and ever performed for Tim McGraw. It caused Tim and his wife Faith to begin their friendship. You don't want to miss out on this song.

2. Our Song

"Our Song" is the first song that she wrote that she wanted to use the opportunity of a talent show to appeal to everyone in that audience. You should definitely know this hit single.

3. Fearless

"Fearless" can be interpreted in so many ways. Taylor meant it as a way to being fearless when falling in love, but others can find their own meaning because of the fact that it's up to the audience's interpretation. It also became a mantra for that era of Taylor's career.

4. Change

"Change" was written about Taylor's aspirations to become famous and to have the kind of success she has now. It has been defined by many to be a song of victory and accomplishment in all kinds of situations where people have felt like they have been restricted in any type of way.

5. Breathe (feat. Colbie Caillat)

"Breathe" is a much sadder break up song, and Colbie Calliat definitely does the harmony justice. For those who have been through tough breakups (of any kind), this is the song they can count on from Taylor.

6. Come In With The Rain

This is a completely underrated song of Taylor's just because it wasn't a single. It's about a girl who has hope for a guy who plays too many mental games with her. Thus, she doesn't want to care about him anymore. Lesser known songs show how well you know her discography, and you can always jam out to it on her "Fearless: Platinum Edition" album.

7. Mean

This "Speak Now" hit about being attacked by a critic has become an anthem to the fans. You should definitely get to know this song in case you ever want to feel like someone understands how you feel.

8. Today Was A Fairytale

This song was written for the movie "Valentine's Day" that she appeared in. It's a lesser-known song, so to be a "real" Swiftie, you should definitely know this song. Plus, the movie is a great one.

9. 22

"22," off the "Speak Now" album, is a song about how Taylor spent her 22nd year of life and how it brought her and her friends together. When someone posts this on your Facebook wall on your 22nd birthday, you'll definitely want to know the lyrics to jam out to. I know I'll be jamming out to this song when I turn 22!

10. Long Live

Taylor wrote this song for us, her fans, and you definitely would want to know this song.

11. Enchanted

"Enchanted" is a song written for a guy that many can relate to. She felt elated to meet this guy and was wondering if he liked her back. I know some of us can relate to that feeling. True Swifties will know the real story behind this song. But when you meet someone that you feel like that with, you'll definitely want to know this song.

12. Eyes Open

This song was written for "The Hunger Games" soundtrack and is really catchy. Next time you listen to the soundtrack for that movie, you'll definitely want to be belting these words.

13. All Too Well

14. Begin Again

This particular song, filmed in the lovely Paris, is about feeling like you can start over with a new guy and being completely over your last love. This feeling will have you wanting to begin this song again.

15. Everything Has Changed (ft. Ed Sheeran)

This is the first time Taylor has featured anyone in her songs, and luckily for us, it's Ed Sheeran. The cute kids in this video and the storyline will make you want more of this song.

16. Wildest Dreams

True Swifties would know that this was codenamed "Toothpaste Commercial" and know exactly why. The melodies and the lyrics will make you want to continue to play this on repeat. You will definitely want to know the lyrics for that.

17. Blank Space

Joseph Kahn called this "Pancake Commercial" to keep the fact that he was doing a Taylor Swift music video concealed. The snarky lyrics and amazing video overall will leave you wanting more.

18. Out of the Woods

A song that is supposedly about Harry Styles and that she performed at a Grammy event is something you want to remember, right? Plus the fact that she has paper airplane confetti at the "1989" concerts will make you want to be able to understand the meaning behind the confetti.

19. Ronan

By far the saddest song on the list, Taylor wrote this for Stand Up to Cancer. If you know the story of Ronan, you'll definitely want to keep this song handy and know all the lyrics.

20. Style

"Style" is one of those songs that just makes you want to jam out. It's also one of the songs off "1989." If you don't know it already, get to know it.

21. Clean

"Clean" is definitely one of the lesser-known songs. It's the song that Taylor has an inspirational speech before, and has lyrics that are amazing metaphors for her lessons. True Swifties would have listened to all the songs on the "1989" album and know the lyrics.

From Your Site Articles