Twenty One Pilots Book Tag

Twenty One Pilots Book Tag

l-/ + Books = Happiness.

134
Twenty One Pilots Book Tag
AltPress

In my recent boredom, I encountered two of my favorite things come together on YouTube. I guess the title is a huge spoiler but, what are these two things? My favorite band, Twenty One Pilots, and books. Thanks to The Booktube Girl, my favorite band and my favorite hobby have been brought together for a fun new book tag.

Let's see which questions go along with each Twenty One Pilots song in the Twenty One Pilots Book Tag...

1.Stressed Out - What is a popular book that you have wanted to read for a long time that everyone has been talking about?

The Infernal Devices, by Cassandra Clare.

Everyone raves about the trilogy that happens to be the prequel to The Mortal Instruments series. I have read all but the last book in The Mortal Instruments series because apparently important characters from TID show up in the finale so I have

to read the prequel first. Plus, I hear The Infernal Devices is even better than the TMI series, which makes me even more excited to read them. I definitely need to find out what all the fuss is about with two characters named Will and Jem.

Find The Infernal Devices

2.Car Radio - Name a book that contained issues you felt you connected to on a personal level.

Slammed, by Colleen Hoover.

My favorite Colleen Hoover novel taught me what slam poetry is and how heart-wrenching it can be. I'm not someone who loves poetry, but I loved everything poetry related that happened in this story. That being said, the part I related to the most is the situation that occurs to our main character and her mother. I don't want to spoil anything, but the life lessons that come out of this situation is one of the most rewarding parts of reading 'Slammed.'

Find Slammed

3.Ride - Name a book that you wanted to never end.

The Lux series, by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

While the covers aren't anything special, this series itself is full of action, adventure, and (of course) romance. Not to mention the character growth that takes place through these five books is spectacular. These novels made me laugh (a lot), made me smile (a lot), and made me never want to put the book down. You'll never be bored, especially with all the cliff hangers, which makes this such a great binge-worthy series.

Find the Lux Books

4. Holding on to You - What is a book/series that you have loved since your childhood?

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, by Ally Carter (book 2 in the Gallagher Girls series).

What can I say? This series is the series that made me fall in love with reading. The first book is good. The second? Even better, and the rest of the series just transforms from there. The reason I chose the second novel is because I've re-read this book in the series the most times. Why? Because all-girls' spy school, it's time to meet an all-boys' spy school. Cue the cute spy guys and prepare for a higher entertainment level. Also, Zach Goode.

Find the Gallagher Girls Books

5.Tear in my Heart - Name a book that made you feel all the emotions.

Confess, by Colleen Hoover.

Sorry to pick another CoHo book, but I sat in front of my shelves for 10 minutes, and I always came back to 'Confess.' This novel takes art and blends it with heartbreaking true confessions. You'll even get to see the artwork. I laughed, I smiled, I cried, I was shocked, I was moved, I was touched. I felt the feels, and you will too. Promise.

Find Confess

6. Fairly Local - What is your personal favorite underground book/series?

Olivia Twisted, by Vivi Barnes.

I feel like no one else in the world has heard/read this novel but me. I've never read 'Oliver Twist' by Charles Dickens, and Olivia Twisted is loosely based off of his novel. I read this book almost two years ago, and every time I look at it, I still remember why I loved reading it. It's exciting and touching (when it needs to be). Olivia's life gets twisted into an adventure I believe is one worth reading.

Find Olivia Twisted

7. Ode to Sleep - Name a book that was full of twists and turns and kept you on the edge of your seat.

The Lying Game series, by Sara Shepard. And, The Martian, by Andy Weir.

These books were full of twists, one right after the other. I highly enjoyed reading them when I was younger. I'm probably too old for them now, but they were well-written teen novels full of drama, lies and romance. You might remember the TV show ABC Family (now Freeform) released that sadly didn't make it past two seasons. Like Pretty Little Liars, which was created by the same author, the books are nothing like the TV show. Both were great in their own ways.

Find The Lying Game Books

If you haven't read this novel, you're really missing out on the humor that is Mark Watney. Watney's humor is essentially what gets you (and him) through all the tough times and terrible things that happen in this story. If you've seen the movie and not read the book, you're also missing out on double the crappy unfortunate times and double the humor. Just saying it's worthy knowing the full story of this space pirate.

Find The Martian

8. Goner - What is a book character that you fell in love with from the beginning?

Zach Goode, from the Gallagher Girl series.

Um, an attractive, super smart spy? Yes, please. If you don't love this tall, dark and mysterious spy, there is something seriously wrong with you. All the old feels come rushing back just looking at the following quote:

"Zach, where did you go? When you were looking for me?" -Cammie

"Crazy. I went crazy." -Zach

Excuse me while I go scream in a pillow. (I miss my favorite spies.)

9. Migraine - What is one book that gave you a headache to read?

Hush, Hush, by Becca Fitspatrick.

I know a lot of people who loved these books, but me? Not so much. I did read to the end because while these novels drove me insane, I still wanted to know what happened in the end. I loved the concept. Yet, things went unexplained, and I really did not like any of the characters. The main character was irrational and made decisions that gave me the urge to throw the book into the ocean (I was at the beach when I read it). Things just didn't make sense to me. The writing isn't bad, it was just a story that was poorly executed.

Find The Hush, Hush Saga

10. We Don’t Believe What’s On TV - What is a book that you love that most people seem to hate?

Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.

I don't know why people hate the Caster Chronicles so much. I'm not afraid to admit that I hated 90% of the second novel, but the last two books were as great as the first. (I remember crying at the end of the 'Beautiful Chaos.') I will also say I haven't read these books since 2012, so I could have a completely new take on the story if I read them now. However, when I was in high school, these books were just the right mix of magic, action, drama and romance that I needed.

Find The Caster Chronicles

There you have it. All done. Book tags are not only fun and create conversation in unique ways, but they also help spread the word of books some may not have heard of before, and what book lover doesn't want to learn about new possible reads? Now that you're finished reading my answers, go check out the original video created by The Booktube Girl. She won't disappoint you; I promise. I-/