Twelve Things For My Future Daughter

Twelve Things For My Future Daughter

These are the important things in life that I wish I would've known.

10
Twelve Things For My Future Daughter

I'm usually right. When you argue with me, which you will, just try to remember that I'm probably right. Even if you don't want to hear anything that I say, listen anyway. A lot of times I wish that I would have listened to my mom because we both know she was right (about everything). She was right about that boy who I thought you loved. She was right about that best friend who stabbed me in the back. She was also right about which laundry detergent is the best. I will be right about all those things too.

Be patient with me. I know that you think I never have a clue what I'm talking about. Just try to understand where I'm coming from. Take my advice into consideration because believe it or not I've been in your shoes before. Be patient when I tell you that i love you all the time. Try to tell me you love me back. You'll miss me one day.

Love Jesus. Love Jesus because He loved you first. Your His princess and He is your King. He will be there when no one else is. He will make you strong and carry you when you can't carry yourself. He will be with you when you silently cry yourself to sleep. He will be there on the happy days when you are over the moon too. He loves you are than anything and you are so special to him. He made YOU special.

Love yourself too. Make time to love yourself. I know you will be busy loving everyone and taking care of everyone, but make sure you love yourself. Love the way your shirt clings to you. Love the way your freckles only comet in the summer. Love how fair your skin is because you will have really good skin (like me). Love the way your thighs touch because yo have to become a mermaid some how. Love the way you hair falls in your face and frizzes up in the humidity. Embrace all your flaws because you are beautiful, baby girl. Please love yourself.

Love nature. I hope you love sunflowers and dogs as much as I do. Appreciate the beauty that God has put in the world around you. I a world full of sadness and hatred, you will need sunflowers outside your window and a dog at the foot of your bed. Love that you can take in all that beauty.

Don't forget about your family. Tell your daddy and me that you love us from time to time. We will love hearing you say it. Be patient with your daddy because you're his little girl. Take time with your siblings and be nice to them because they will be all that you have one day. Visit your grandparents every chance you get because they miss you so much and you can't get back lost time. Your family loves you so much. Love them back just as much, baby girl.

Girls are mean. Believe me girls are so mean. I have been one a time or two. I pray that you will never be mean. I pray you are beautiful. I pray you are graceful. Most of all I pray you are loving. Baby girl, don't be mean. Try to keep your distance from the mean girls. They will do nothing but bring you down and hold you back. Instead, make friends with the ones that push you to do your best.

Hold your best friend close. You need a good girl friend. She will be there to tell you how ugly your out fit looks. She will be there to help you pick up the pieces when that boy you thought you loved breaks your heart. She will even be there to hold your hair while you throw up after you try that new drink with the pinnacle and Mio. She will always be there for you. She loves you so much too. Appreciate her and tell her thanks every now and then.

Have guy friends too. Its is important to have good guy friends. They will tell you when a boy who you like is not a good one. They will protect you like you're they're sister. They will be there to give you a guy's pint of view because lets face it, you will need that a lot (take their advice into consideration).

Being single is not the end of the world. You don't always need a guy. There will be times in your life (more once) where you will need to find yourself. You can't do that with a guy holding your hand because he will end up defining you. You need to be single sometimes because if you are never single you will never find the perfect guy for you. You will be stuck guy hopping and that just gives you a bad reputation.

Your first love may not be your last. Your first love may not be the one you marry (he probably won't be). I know you loved him. I know it hurts so much that you can't breathe. Trust me there will be better guys out there. You will know when you find the one.

Don't let the good guy go. Don't let him go if he calls you all the time just to talk or because he misses you. Don't let him go if your daddy and I love him almost as much as you do. Don't let him go if he loves everything about you especially if he loves the way that you throw your head back laughing (just like me). Don't let him go if he respects you. Baby girl, please don't let him go if he loves Jesus more than you and treats you like Jesus wants you to be treated.