TV  Show Conspiracy Theories

5 Insane TV Show Theories

Who says wild thoughts aren't plausible?

70
https://www.pexels.com/photo/opened-mouth-black-haired-boy-in-gray-full-zip-jacket-standing-on-grass-field-taking-selfie-848740/

Naturally, most people live with a sense of doubt or suspicion. It makes us feel safe knowing we're not 100 percent naive to believe everything we see or read. However, this makes our minds prone to late night thoughts of conspiracies and alternative theories of events.

The world of Reddit can really reel you in and leave you obsessed for days, especially the fan theories page. Here, people post their insane theories and conspiracies of TV shows and movies. Some are extremely exaggerated and can be easily debunked. Others feel like a long, frustrating puzzle that's been finally solved.

Without further ado, here are five mind-blowing TV show theories on Reddit:

1. Toby from HR is the "Scranton Strangler."

If you are a fan of "The Office," you're probably familiar with the Scranton Strangler that left many beloved characters in fear and anxiety since season 6. According to a Reddit user, Toby is actually the Scranton strangler himself. The theory is that Toby commits the crimes out of anger and loneliness after being rejected by Pam. The user also goes on to list smaller details the audience initially does not catch on, but points to Toby being the criminal, like when he expresses his thoughts that the convicted criminal is innocent. And when Toby visits the convicted criminal, George Howard Skub, he is attacked after confessing his crimes.

2. Bikini Bottom is a nuclear-waste site.

This theory is actually pretty depressing and can ruin some of your glorious childhood memories associated with the kid-friendly show. One Reddit user theorizes that the Bikini Bottom is actually Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands where the U.S. did nuclear testings back in the 40s and 50s and that the cartoon characters are actually mutations resulted from the experiments. In an interview, Tom Kenny, the voice actor of Spongebob, said "Bikini Bottom is kind of named after Bikini Atoll," but he doesn't actually think the characters are mutations.

3. Courage the Cowardly Dog is hallucinating.

Another popular fan theory surrounds the creepy children's show "Courage the Cowardly Dog." A Reddit user theorizes that the monsters are just ordinary people from a dog's perspective. This explains why Courage's owners, Muriel and Eustace, are nonchalant towards facing the monsters most of the time. The theory also shares that their house is not really in the middle of nowhere, but that Courage's owners are too old to take him out for walks so he doesn't know anything beyond their own property.

4. The Fresh Prince is actually dead.

This one is the least plausible one, but it was an interesting read. The theory is based solely on the theme song of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." Will actually dies from his injuries when he gets into the fight in West Philadelphia, and the "rare" taxi is actually God taking him to heaven (Bel-Air). The rest of his time there is spent with his (dead) family helping him work out his hardships.

5. Rick Grimes is still comatose.

A Reddit user questions how Rick survived 46 days without water during his coma. This led to several people questioning the entire "Walking Dead" universe, and many believe that Rick is still in a coma and the zombie apocalypse is just his imagination. This has actually been debunked by the show's creator, but he still doesn't explain how Rick survived so long without water or care during his coma. But as another user puts it, "Rick Grimes does not need water. Water needs Rick Grimes.".