Turmoil

Turmoil

Everyone deserves an Epic.
Kelcey
Kelcey
5

1. Red

But not for long

Too long in which we have seen you

You’re soft and always flush

2.Yellow

Always beautiful

She said she didn't love him anymore

The flowers died

The sunflowers died

It became quiet

Richard Shindell filled every corner

Until she left

Then Hellebores

3. Orange

Dinners were old

Pizza boxes

MySpace and poetry

Brandy in a glass

Cup stains on wood

He left next

Montana was gorgeous

She came back

The trees were his friend

Along with a tall red freckled friend

With long fingers

She was radiant

She is radiant

4. Violaceous

Vermont is beautiful this time of year

Water turns lovers

Coffee is my friend

Or wine

Leaves on the heater

And trees in the library

Life is in bloom

Stars are bright

And my notebook is hard to see

Covered in dew

She bakes pies a lot

And today is no different

Except the warmth

5. Capricorn

He still weeps

In Boston

With his brandy

She chose to sink or swim

Maybe she did both

Her sorrow comes out

Every so often

She's sad

Like me

My favorite shirt has a tear

In the sleeve

I'm tired

My eyes are puffy

My cat's asleep

And so are my feet

My apple is softening

Barely hearing the crunch

That wakes me up

6. Grey

Pine worships God

Rivers weep across rock beds

Tomorrow he said

The next day he said

I’m sorry

He said

Heather is left after the fire

That bridge lays forgotten

Love crouches beside it

The traffic was loud

Your laughter

Echoed through my spine

The caves were his haven

They dripped of self-doubt

Feuilletee Tarte Aux Pomme sits untouched

Overcooked

The chair that sits by the window is worn

Poetic devices and ink rest on it now

15 going on 22

Cold mac and cheese

His shirt is pressed

Sex and decaf blend

Ones and Hundreds

Let him pick them up

Along with the words he threw

Where do I come in?

Between the squares of this round table?

At the end of her smirk?

When blonde turns to you?

Brandy is now scotch

Two door to minivan

Pulled up strings of a twenty-dollar rug

Dead cell phone batteries

Chopsticks and the latest Cosmopolitan

White lights in every corner

The spiders aren’t happy

Marshmallows and Chocolate

Alley ways and street lamps

It's been many tomorrows

I said

Cover Image Credit: http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/03/mthoodtrees.jpg

A Letter To My Go-To Aunt

Happiness is having the best aunt in the world.
17195

I know I don't say it enough, so let me start off by saying thank you.

You'll never understand how incredibly blessed I am to have you in my life. You'll also never understand how special you are to me and how much I love you.

I can't thank you enough for countless days and nights at your house venting, and never being too busy when I need you. Thank you for the shopping days and always helping me find the best deals on the cutest clothes. For all the appointments I didn't want to go to by myself. Thank you for making two prom days and a graduation party days I could never forget. Thank you for being overprotective when it comes to the men in my life.

Most importantly, thank you for being my support system throughout the numerous highs and lows my life has brought me. Thank you for being honest even when it isn't what I want to hear. Thank you for always keeping my feet on the ground and keeping me sane when I feel like freaking out. Thank you for always supporting whatever dream I choose to chase that day. Thank you for being a second mom. Thank you for bringing me into your family and treating me like one of your own, for making me feel special because you do not have an obligation to spend time with me.

You've been my hero and role model from the time you came into my life. You don't know how to say no when family comes to you for help. You're understanding, kind, fun, full of life and you have the biggest heart. However, you're honest and strong and sometimes a little intimidating. No matter what will always have a special place in my heart.

There is no possible way to ever thank you for every thing you have done for me and will continue to do for me. Thank you for being you.