The Truth Behind Having Siblings

The Truth Behind Having Siblings

Siblings are like a little piece of your childhood that cannot be lost

21
The Truth Behind Having Siblings
Samantha Lloyd

I would definitely consider myself lucky because I grew up with so many siblings. I always had someone to play with; I always had a friend, no matter what age. There are so many things that are wonderful about having a big family, and some things that are not so great. Here are my personal feelings on having siblings:

1. There are always jokes to be told.

In my family especially, we're all very sarcastic. It's a beautiful thing to experience except when you're the one on the receiving end and everyone is bonding over your misfortune.

2. There will always be arguments.

In any large group, someone is always going to disagree. It's inevitable. Even though we're siblings, we're all different people with different points of view.

3. Personal space does not exist.

You eventually learn to love practically sitting on each others' laps when space is limited, and may even choose to do so even when the rest of the room is empty.

4. Who's who?

Everyone's name always gets mixed up because there's so many of you. Even mom sometimes names all of your siblings before she gets to you, which is good because then she forgot why she was yelling at you in the first place.

5.There's always a caravan.

Usually going somewhere as an entire family, we have to take several cars because fitting comfortably in one is nearly impossible.

6. Bringing people home is always interesting.

Whether it's friends or a boyfriend, they're usually overwhelmed by the amount of craziness going on in your home. Your siblings aren't always the epitome of welcome wagon.

7. Someone always feels left out.

There's always one person who feels left out during family events.

BUT...

8. You know someone always has your back.

Despite all the arguing and times you claimed you don't like each other they're always the first to defend you when necessary.

9. You always have a friend.

One of the best things about a big family is that you end up with best friends who are family.

10. Laughs come in abundance.

From cheesy jokes, to sarcastic comments, to embarrassing stories, you can often find yourself crying tears of joy from laughing so hard, even on the worst of days.

11. Road trips are never dull.

How many times does someone have to say, "Are we there yet?" before you are actually there.

12.You have a huge cheering section.

Sporting events, graduation, you name it. You know that you will always have people there supporting you.

13. The love that you have for your family is endless.

Your family will always be there for you.