The Truth Behind the Black Lives Matter Movement

A poetic explanation of the movement inspired by the tragedy of Terence Crutcher

60

I needed your help but you told me to put my hands in the air, and with me being aware of recent encounters I know what can happen if only I dare not listen, shots fired and maybe blood dripping, not to sound stereotypical but when you showed up I already had a funny feeling. Wondering why you had multiple squad cars when you arrived, I was wondering if I would even leave this place alive but I guess that wasn't possible only my legacy can now tell the story; Explaining how I was a black man and how we came from glory, brought to a land here against the will of my forefathers, how we were lynched and beaten just to open the school doors for our sons and daughters? Yes lynched and beaten in the struggle to prove that we are people too, lynched and beaten to in 2016 still be harassed by you?

Of course many laws were made but I guess mindsets didn't change. The main ones screaming that all lives matter are the ones acting the most inhumane, retaliating because I stood up to say the same thing? That ALL lives matter, so why are you taking the ones of my brothers, that ALL lives matter, why did that statement suddenly change because we were colored? But you don't see it that way, you are offended if a black person takes a knee but somehow unbothered when we take a bullet, you continue to sip you tea, so quick to say you stand for equality yet too weak to physically get up and help us be free but take it from me, it'll take more than your voice this time.

What we need is for our hearts to stop committing foul crimes, our mouths to keep quiet of the things we don't understand, our souls to be united because without that we will always see each other as the "other man" not each other as the same, because some can't accept the facts, to them it's a disgrace. Wish I was here to tell you that it doesn't matter there's only a such thing as the human race, only difference is the color of my face! Simply kissed by the same sun rays you catch when you tan, but that doesn't matter to me because whether pasty or not I still consider you friends, just hoping to get others to see it this way so the hate we can end! #BlackLivesReallyDoMatter I have no problem saying it again. #BlackLivesReallyDoMatter so are you out or are you in?