The Awkward Truth About Using A Dating App On Campus

Most of us on college are single AF. And, one way we try to calm our loneliness is through the usage of social media and online dating apps. However, the awful thing about using one on campus is the distance option, and the unluckily probability you'll find your soulmate.

27

Over the summer, my friends and I decided to make a dating profile for each other to test it out. We set the distance range, the age, preferences, etc. in order to try to "find love". We helped each other write the most cute, and attempingly clever bios and fun facts, and we actually used it. And, luck for my friend, she did find a very nice boy, and they started dating. For me and my other friend, we weren't as lucky.

Although I wouldn't say my prospects were entirely fruitless, I do not think dating apps are the moves for me. I have met some really nice people on the app, been ghosted other times, and had the most unfulfilling conversation of my life with one word replies back and forth. In this dating and digital age, people find partners online so easily and find connection. However, for me, there is a missing aspect of the ability to connect so strongly to date a person over just an digital conversation. But, even meeting in person with a dating app boy is also very nerve wrecking as I have the mentality that I cannot deal with confrontation or that my date will kill me. And, if they are on campus, you will unfortunately bump into the individual a lot. And, the chances are that they will remember you, and it could be awkward. So, just pray for the best.

For me, this dating app thing isn't working out because of a time aspect and the inability to date on top of my school work and life pain. But for others, it still seems that it is becoming more of a popularized thing, even for just the casual hookup.And, with more and more people downloading dating apps like Tinder around me on Rutgers Campus, the more and more interesting stories I began to hear. It is also surprisingly simple to swipe through Tinder and find someone who you mutually know, which can be very disturbing at times.

And, if you are unfortunate to use the wrong app, you can find yourself getting stuck with thirty to forty year old men, which turns this situation to more creepy than awkward. And, if you are a thirty or forty year old man reading this, stay away from my profile even if you will pay for my tuition.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web