More Trust In God And Less Of Me

It's Time You Trust God

A new school year is approaching and with hopes, expectations, and the unknown, we MUST trust God.

143
It's Time You Trust God

The summer season has ended and school is just around the corner. Freshmen have moved into their new home, returning students have brought new goals, and recent grads are now adjusting into their post-grad life. A season of change brings in a lot of mixed feelings.

There is excitement, expectations, and hope, but there is also doubt, worry, and nervousness. With our feelings and emotions all over the place, it's time to put ourselves down and trust in God.

It's been a busy week, filled with school commitments and church commitments, and with the time that I finally have to myself, I realize that my heart has been very uneasy and doubtful. Situations that are not working out, people whom you do not feel uncomfortable with, and each day packed with event after event, there have been complications already - even though the school has not even started yet!

In the midst of randomly looking through social media, I ran into a message about really letting my burdens down, and trusting in Him. In the span of three days, my patience has been tested and to be honest, I lacked in prayer and dependence towards God. Each moment was spent worrying about my actions, my feelings, my worries, and there was no time for God.

But I am here to tell myself, and you that it's time we trust God.

Busy schedules and changes are part of everyday life but as we feel pressured to move to the next step, we often get lost. The reason why we get lost is we get stuck as we let our feelings and emotions control us.

But I want to remind you that we are not our feelings. Our feelings are lead my misunderstood moments, thoughts, and situations and are only in the moment, while God looks at the bigger picture. He sees how we are tomorrow or the next year, or 5 years later, and even till the moment we stop breathing. It's important to know that these feelings are temporary.

They are not here to stay.

It's time we trust God. To have Him lead us and guide us so we do not fall into these holes that are honestly going to lead us to nowhere. They are holes that the devil creates so that we worry, doubt and give everything a second thought. We need to trust God and lead on Him more because we are not our own.

As 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

This school year, truly "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Let's truly trust in Him.