Trust in GOD even when you don´t understand

“The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.”

994
https://pixnio.com/people/silhouette-sunset-sky-trust-happy-heart

Job’s story is one of great triumph, I highly recommend to read that awesome story in the bible , his story is one of the most inspirational in the Old Testament. And we’ll learn how his life can be a reflection of our own even in the modern world we live in. No one wants the life of Job, because everything he had was taken from him.

Loved ones have been taken from me either through death or through broken relationships, my livelihood has diminished, my health has suffered and my faith has been tested.

I can see the parallels between Job’s life and mine. And I find myself referring back to the book of Job for inspiration often. With everything that Job went through, it would’ve been easy for him to curse God as his wife told him to and no one would have blamed him for it. But Job trusted God and refused to curse Him no matter what circumstance God placed him in. When everything seemed lost, Job said, “The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” (v. 1:21) This kind of resolute belief Job had, inspires me to get up, keep moving forward and remain faithful to God no matter what circumstance I’m in.

God has allowed my faith to be tested, just as He allowed Job’s to be tested. But He didn’t do it to hurt me. He did it to bless me and teach me the lessons I need to know as I move forward in my life. And with each trial and lesson God has shown me His plan and will for my life in a way I couldn’t see before.

We may never know the reasons why we suffer. In my better moments, I would pray and ask the Lord to make clear what I was to learn from the situation. In the end, I had to conclude God often acts in mysterious ways, doesn”t owe me an explanation, and expects my faith in his everlasting power and goodness, regardless of the circumstances.

It”s a tough lesson to learn; the “patience” of Job doesn”t seem very apparent in the book bearing his name. But awe of God and trust in his goodness emerge as the overriding themes. I”m trying to learn that!

I have had more than one occasion to remind people that since Job did not know about the conversations in heaven, he had no more perspective on his suffering than do we when we suffer. He did not know why.
But he was faithful despite the fact that his suffering had no connection to his actions.