To The Trust Fund Brats: We Get It, You're Rich

To The Trust Fund Brats, We Get It, You're Rich — But You Can Kindly Screw Off

If you have to mention at least once a day how rich your family is, there's a good chance I don't like you.

321
https://www.123rf.com/stock-photo/fuck_you.html?sti=n8vq54ghvnre4qx4hi|

To start off my rant, I want to mention that I live and go to school in Charleston, SC, which is notorious for its "trust fund babies" and "entitled rich kids." Gag.

I didn't necessarily grow up poor. I was an average middle-to-lower middle class from a small town but since I moved to Charleston, the amount of rich, trust fund brats I've had to listen to and associate with is out of this world. And I'm sick of it.

We get it! You don't have to bring up how much money your family has in every sentence. Yet...this is what you do. Why? Don't you know how it makes the people around you feel? Or do you just not care? These are the kinds of questions I have for you.

Money isn't everything, and the fact that certain people are loaded is great for them. But when I'm struggling to pay rent, my car payment, my student loans, or whatever my bill of the week is, and you're just like "oh yeah, LOL, I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff because daddy pays for it" is unbelievably frustrating and upsetting. I struggle every month to stay on top of my bills. Sometimes, I even go home and cry out of frustration that every time I feel like I'm getting ahead of the game, I'm thrown back into the cycle of payments and late bills. And then, having someone around me flaunt their wealth around me daily doesn't help how I feel.

Not to mention, when all you have to talk about is getting VIP at the club, partying all the time, buying new stuff, how you don't have to work, etc, etc, it's boring. You're a boring person and I kind of find you repulsive. I'm glad that you're living such a stress-free existence but get out of my face with that nonsense. It's superficial and lame.

That may be a little harsh, but I speak for every working-class Millennial when I say it's ridiculous.

The worst part is that it's inescapable. Between Instagram, Snapchat and the plethora of other social media sites, I can't go a day without someone being incredibly annoying and in-my-face about their wealth. Don't you have anything better to do? Do you not have any substance to your existence? No? OK, swell.

If you're one of these people, do the rest of us a favor and just be aware of how you're making us feel. Being rich and having family money is fine, but when it's all you talk about (especially to people who aren't blessed with the same lifestyle) it can be a little cruel. Be courteous, please.

Oh, and P.S. kindly screw off