I Support The Guy Who Ruined Trump's Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
Politics

I Support The Man Who Ruined Trump's Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

A man took a pickax to the star, then turned himself into the police.

97

Early in the morning, at about 3:30 AM on Wednesday, August 25 Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed. When I say destroyed, it is gone. I support the man who did this.

No one is saying what he did was legal; we all know it's illegal to vandalize others' property. He even knew this and turned himself into the police. Sometimes, though, illegal is exactly what you need. In every movement for the rights of any minority group in this country, there have been illegal actions. Sometimes you need illegal actions to get the message out.

Was this man fighting for rights? Possibly, but we don't know anything about him. We don't even know his name. More than likely, though, he wanted to make a political statement that we all feel and understand. Recently Trump announced that he will be spending 12 Billion dollars bailing out farmers who can't sell soybeans due to the tariffs he's imposed.

I, personally, think it's stupid that he caused this and now is looking like the hero for bailing them out. But also, I thought that using taxpayer money to help others was socialism? Isn't that exactly what Trump and his followers DON'T want? Why is it okay to use taxpayer money to bail out farmers, but not help me pay for my insulin or for a child to have a surgery to survive?

Personally, I see the destroying of the star as a fight against hypocrisy and lies. Trump stands for both of these things, along with the people who aren't actively trying to stop it. You may not support him, but if you're not doing anything to try to stop him or call attention to all the wrongs he and his followers are committing, you're also apart of the problem. Silence lets these things continue.

Other things have happened to Trump's star in the past. It was destroyed in 2016, spray painted with a swastika and a mute symbol, and have a miniature wall built around it, to name a few things. I hope people continue to do these things and stand up for what they and many others believe in because some of us don't live close enough to do anything like this.