If Donald Trump Is Elected President, It Will Be A Catastrophic Step Backwards For Women

Please think of your daughters, wives/girlfriends, nieces, aunts, and mothers as you are voting and let these statements from a possible future president help you make your decision as to whether you will vote for a man who really has no respect for women at all.

26
Elite Daily (Edited)

If Donald Trump is elected president of the United States, everything women have been fighting for will take a giant step backward, and that is something that should terrify all of us.

All other policies aside, his degradation towards women alone is enough to make me sick to my stomach and not even consider voting for him. Yet it's funny because there seems to be a very clear discrepancy in what he says about women and how he actually treats them. For example:

In a Meet The Press interview, he told Chuck Todd: “I cherish women. I understand the importance of women. I have such respect for women.”

Yet the lie in that statement is made so clear through quotes like these, just to name a few:

1. "In 2012, he tweeted that Arianna Huffington, Editor-In-Chief of The Huffington Post, 'is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision.'"

Well, first of all -- that isn't only a slam against women, it is a slam against gays -- something he also claims to support. Second, Arianna Huffington is a beautiful woman, and extremely successful -- being named by Forbes as the twelfth most influential woman in the media. As a woman who is pursuing a career in journalism, I greatly admire her for all she has accomplished. Lastly, she never married after her 1997 divorce from her husband Michael Huffington who came out as a bisexual. Therefore proving that women don't need men in order to be wildly successful. What is Trump trying to say by lashing out at such a woman?
I'll tell you why -- according to an article by Yahoo, he was angry at the Huffington Post because of a piece called, "Donald Trump: Why So Moody?"

Just when I thought he couldn't get any more immature.

2. Last year, Donald Trump called opposing counsel during a lawsuit over a Florida real estate project, "disgusting", because she had to leave the room to pump milk for her three-month-old baby after two hours of tough questioning, according to an article by NY Times.

Excuse me? Since when is a natural bond between mother and child "disgusting"? And do we want to have a president who will publicly "shame a woman for using her breasts for what they are literally designed for"? This is ludicrous to me.

Seriously -- watch this interview with Elizabeth Beck from CNN. It's appalling. And I won't vote for someone who has a meltdown about something as beautiful and natural as breastfeeding -- whether in private or in public.

According to an article from Death And Taxes, this issue resurfaced during the campaign, and when questioned about it in an interview, Donald Trump was found "sticking to his guns, doubling down on his rhetoric in a recent interview by calling Beck “a horrible person.” So keep that in mind, voters. A man who wants to be President firmly believes that any woman who uses a breast pump in front of other human beings is disgusting and a horrible person."

Furthermore, that same article states that Elizabeth Beck stated in a recent interview that "if Trump wants to be President he’s going to have to handle situations far more stressful than a woman needing to pump milk for her child", and I completely agree.

3. He called Rosie O’Donnell an “animal,” an “extremely unattractive person,” and a “slob", according to Fortune Magazine.

According to Newsweek, Rosie O'Donnell questioned Trump as to why he did not fire Tara Conner from Miss USA because of her drug abuse and underage drinking. This started a huge feud between them, leading Trump to call her "a woman out of control", "a real loser" and patronizingly saying that he was looking "forward to taking lots of money from my nice, fat little Rosie". According to CNN, he also said that she is "not a very smart person" and "one of the dumber people in television".

Belittling, body shaming and patronizing.

This is the Republican candidate for presidency people.

4. For lack of room to write an opinion on every misogynist thing he has ever uttered, it really comes down to this: from everything that I've seen Trump doesn't seem to care about women for anything other than their bodies. And his comments about them are crude, demeaning and downright horrifying.

Clearly, he doesn't care about their brains -- as shown in comments to Rosie, a successful actress, his attitude toward Huffington, a powerful and successful woman and to Elizabeth Beck, a successful lawyer.

Let's just read these few quotes from Trump that show just how MUCH he only cares about the female body and degrading it, and just how little he actually cares about women.

To a reporter he said:

"We could say, politically correct, that look doesn't matter, but the look obviously matters. Like you wouldn't have your job if you weren't beautiful."

An article from The Week shows statements from Trump concerning Rosie O'Donnell's body:

"If I were running The View, I'd fire Rosie. I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'" (YouTube)

"We're all a little chubby but Rosie's just worse than most of us. But it's not the chubbiness — Rosie is a very unattractive person, both inside and out." (YouTube)

In the same article from The Week, it records that he says this about Angelina Jolie:

"Angelina Jolie is sort of amazing because everyone thinks she's like this great beauty. And I'm not saying she's an unattractive woman, but she's not beauty, by any stretch of the imagination." (Access Hollywood)

And my personal favorite -- about his OWN DAUGHTER, Ivanka Trump, he says:

"She does have a very nice figure...if [she] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her." (Fox News)

Against his democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, he says this:

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?” (Twitter, later deleted)

On the Howard Stern show, he stated:

“A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10.”

Concerning the beautiful Princess Diana who was killed in an auto accident in 1997, he says that:

"He would have slept with her 'without hesitation' and that 'she had the height, she had the beauty, she had the skin.'

Concerning the beauty pageants he was closely affiliated with, he said:

“If you’re looking for a rocket scientist, don’t tune in tonight, but if you’re looking for a really beautiful woman, you should watch.”
“Bathing suits [need] to be smaller and the heels [need] to be higher.”

When asked if he wanted to have more kids with Melania in a 2005 interview he said,

“I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park.”

From a 2013 tweet,

"26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military -- only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men and women together?"

Is this list long enough yet? Because there are more quotes from Trump like the ones I've shared above, ALL OVER the internet -- look it up. We HAVE to start thinking about what really matters and who we want as our president. These comments are vulgar and crude.

I want a president who cares about equality. If Trump is the leader of the country, he will make it that much harder for women to have rights that they so very much deserve. There are tons of issues that he dismisses with his comments: women as corporate workers, over-sexualization of the female body, public breastfeeding, rape culture and the concept of the "angel in the house" (which should seem very antiquated and Victorian to you and I, but really, it's still a problem today and a possible future president of this country could be strongly advocating).

This is not an article telling you to vote for Hillary Clinton. This is an article so you understand what you are voting for if you choose to vote for Trump. (Which may seem like the same thing, but the antiquity of only two choices is a topic for another article.)

Please. Take a moment to consider the women in your life: your mothers, wives/girlfriends, aunts, nieces, daughters. What kind of life and future do you want for them? Please think of them as you are voting and let these above statements from a possible future president help you make your decision as to whether you will vote for a man who really has no respect for women at all.

Let's not take a step backward. You, the voters, decide how we are going to do it, but we have to move forward.