Ask Yourself These 10 Questions, If The Answer Is No, You're Not In A True Friendship

We go through friendships and sometimes they aren't real friendships. Those "friends" may later stab you on the back.

135

Ask yourself these questions to find out if this friendship is meant to be.

​Do you feel comfortable asking him/her for help?

A true friend is someone who is dependable and willing to help, even if it requires some effort.

Do you only talk to them a few times a year because you have to?

One of many important qualities of a true friend is consistency. Checking up on each other a few times a week and not losing that connection. Not speaking because you have to but because it's a true friendship.

Is he/she a person who can trust?

We need to be able to trust our friends. If you can't trust your friend then he/she is more of an acquaintance than a real friend. Being trustworthy is of good quality.

Does he/she make you feel like a winner or successful?

Friends aren't supposed to compete. Well, at times for fun, yes. Other than that friends are supposed to support and help each other. Not make the other like a failure or a loser. Friends encourage each other

Can you depend on him/her?

True friends can be relied on and depended on. If you are going through a crisis, can you call them and expect support?

Is he/she selfish?

A true friend puts other's opinions and thoughts in perspective, not just their own. They work together and look for each other needs.

Is he/she loyal?

It's easy to be supportive in someone's face but it's different when you aren't around. Does he/she talk crap behind your back? If so, what type of friend is that?

Does he/she give you the best advice or just anything that comes of their mouth?

Friends are supposed to give each other the best advice not just whatever. Friends are there to help each other out when one feels down.

Do you and him/her have more than 3 things in common?

Friends usually have a couple of things in common making them compatible or just good friends.

Do you see yourself still being friends in 5 years or more?

True friendships will last. My best friend and I have been friends since middle school and now we are into our third year of college. You need long-lasting friendships. Friends that understand you and are there for you. If you have that feeling that it won't last then it was never a true friendship?