Dining in college

5 Tricks For Exceptional Dining At The University Of Missouri

Wanna go to Rollins?

449

Transitioning to college is difficult. It is tough to go about our day the same way we would as if we were back home in our comfortable house, in a clean and well-organized kitchen, but we work with what we have.

Surprisingly, we do not have to give everything up. We have the opportunity to eat astonishing food. I have experimented with an array of meals at different dining halls throughout Mizzou's campus. Even if you lack creativity or a desire to craft neat food combinations, you can still learn quick and easy ways to improve your meal by reading this article and apply these new tricks to your next meal!

1. Locate your waffle maker, now 

It is 8:30 and your alarm shrieks. You begin your morning anxiety attack. Pressing ignore, you shake off the way too obvious, unwanted glare, you receive from a nearby stranger. Get your mise en place prepared: chocolate chips and peanut butter or throw some blueberries in!

Begin pouring your ladle of batter and ingredients.

Whenever the waffle is golden-brown, remove from heat and enjoy!

2. Use caution

s3.amazonaws.com

Even though we demand to continue our glorious adventure of creative eating in the dining halls, we must stay grounded. For the concern of your taste buds, stay far away from anything that looks like this. It is awesome to try experimenting with different ingredients but you are going to have a hard time enjoying new experiences.

In regard to the omelet you were thinking about waiting for, it just is not worth it.

3. Extra spicy, please

assets3.thrillist.com

Hot sauce. Hot sauce. Hot sauce. This is what it is all about. If you refuse to dress your meal with a little sizzle, you have no purpose here. You can use hot sauce to cover up an unpleasant taste or use it to enhance your flavor.

4. Mix and match

ozsofra.com.mt

Why waste your time enjoying one flavor when you can have two? What about three? Simple experimenting with food, inside and outside the dining halls, will put you in a position to find new and awesome meals but you will also craft your palette in the process.

5. Everything in moderation 

Every university should have access to enough sweets to keep you smiling-until the sugar high fades. Then, it will be time to study. Now, more cookies.

It is far from easy getting a solid meal from a dining hall, but with these few tips, you should be able to improve your dining experience ten-fold. Make sure you do the little things: mise en place ingredients, eat dessert, and always add hot sauce.

Also, never forget that it is way harder to like a person that has basic taste buds.

Stay different, and well-fed.