Treats To Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth

Treats To Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth

61

Cold, dreary weather has abruptly encroached Auburn’s typically sunny campus. What better way to fight the cold-weather-blues than with delicious sweet treats? 

Auburn’s restaurants boast a plethora of options to cheer you up, no matter your budget or taste buds. Amongst these 10 sugary plates, you’re bound to find at least one to satisfy your inner sweet tooth:      

1. For The Traditional: Toomer’s Ice Cream Sandwich

If you have an Instagram, there is no doubt that you have seen a picture of this masterpiece. Pick your favorite ice cream flavor to be sandwiched between two homemade chocolate chip cookies. One bite and you will realize there is no mystery as to why the ice cream sandwiches at Toomer’s Drugs are a traditional favorite.

2. For Breakfast Lovers: Bizilia’s Muffinini

Bizilia’s serves a breakfast delight that can be enjoyed at any time of day. The muffinini is your choice of muffin, cut in half and warmed on a Panini grill, served with a melted slab of butter. Who knew simple could taste so delectable?

3. For Chocolate Lovers: Taziki’s Chocolate Cake

Got a hankering for chocolate? Pop into Taziki’s for a slice of decadent chocolate cake. Whether you choose to feast on their Mediterranean cuisine or simply go for dessert, this cake is bound to impress, as well as satisfy your craving. 

4. For Bargainers: Applebee’s Maple Butter Blondie

Applebee’s infamous slogan “Eatin’ good in the neighborhood,” proves to be accurate after one bite of their blondie, which is a sweeter, maple version of a brownie. Go any night after 10:00 and chow down on any of their desserts for half price. A good deal never tasted so sweet! 

5. For The “Health-Conscious:” TCBY Frozen Yogurt

Auburn boasts a variety of frozen yogurt stores to choose from. TCBY has remained a true favorite of mine amidst the “fro-yo” trend. Whether scoop or soft-serve, indulge in  a variety of creamy frozen yogurt, which contains less calories and fat than regular ice cream.

6. For Fruit Lovers: Tiger Gourmet’s Lemon Square 

Tiger Gourmet is a hidden treasure for sweets fanatics. Located on Dean Road, the shop sells perfect tailgating and party food, including scrumptious baked goods. Stop by and select a just-baked-treat, such as a lemon square, which is a tantalizing combination of tart fruit and sweet graham crust, topped with fresh powdered sugar.

7. For Mr. Fancy Pants: Crepe Myrtle Café Dessert Crepes 

For a little taste of France, visit the charming Crepe Myrtle Café and treat yourself to a lip-smacking crepe filled with Nutella, bananas, and strawberries. Don’t forget the cool whipped cream to top it off!

8. For The Milkshake Maniac: CheeburgerCheeburger’s Milkshakes

With a smorgasbord of flavors to choose from, the milkshake menu at this burger joint offers something for everyone! From plain vanilla, gingerbread cookie dough and other extravagant flavors, these creamy shakes are an unbeatable treat to sip your craving away!

9. For The Big Appetites: BurgerFi Custard Concrete

BurgerFi serves old-fashioned custard, which is a thick, creamy, frozen dessert. The red velvet custard concrete is a popular choice, stuffed with red velvet cake pieces. Heavier than ice cream, custard is a more filling and richer treat, so you might want to skip the fries with your hamburger.

10. For Candy Bar Fanatics: Mylk’s Heath Bar Cookie

Auburn’s newest cookie shop, Mylk’s, is a fantastic addition, as well as a perfect snack, between classes. Conveniently located downtown on Magnolia, Mylk’s offers creative cookie flavors, as well as delicious spin-offs on the classic cookie. Looking at all the cookies behind the counter is bound to make your mouth water, but I’ve found that the Heath Bar cookie can’t be beat. Made with real Heath toffee pieces and drizzled with chocolate fudge, this cookie is baked to perfection.     

Whether you’re down-in-the-dumps from a recent breakup, the change of weather, or being stuck in the library, lift your spirits with one (or all) of these delectable delights, without having to dirty up your spatula or break the bank. Let’s face it; there isn’t much that a satisfying dessert can’t cure.