6 Things People Who Treat You Like An Option NEED To Hear

Whether it be friendships or romantic relationships, we all come across people that don't treat us the same way we treat them.

1039

You always seem to be the one putting in the time and effort to check in with them, asking them to grab dinner, study together at the library, etc. but they don't seem to be putting in any time or effort to hang out with you.

You're almost worried that they're going to think you're being too "clingy" or "needy" just based on the number of times you've initiated to hang out with them so faruntil they text you out of the blue one day.

You get all excited and warm inside because you're relieved to know that they want to hang out with you too. You meet up to get lunch, catch up, and enjoy each other's company.

But all of a sudden they scurry off because they "have to get somewhere right afterwards" to a class or see another friend of theirs. Even though it's barely been 20 minutes and this was the first time in a whole fucking month since you met up, you being the understanding person that you are, you put on a meager smile and tell them 'it's no big deal.'

Then when you get home, you start to question your relationship with this person… UNTIL they text you, ONCE AGAIN, whenever they have about half an hour of time to spare on you or whenever all their friends are busy and unavailable. Yep, you're the one to go to. You're the designated plan B, or maybe even plan C, D, or E… – actually scratch that, you just might make the perfect plan Z.

The following is a listicle dedicated to all of those that treat us as plan Zs.

1. We’re not your babysitter.

If you're looking for someone because you're bored and need temporary company in between classes and in between any of your pre-made plans with other people, please do NOT hit us up. We're not a babysitter that will be there whenever you want us to. Hire someone if you need it, son.

2. It’s extremely rude and selfish.

Our time is every bit as valuable as your time is to you. We won't be available whenever you decide is convenient for you. Don't make last minute dinner plans with us just because your other plans fell through. We have places to be too.

3. We can treat you like plan Z too if we wanted to.

We'd like you to know that we can treat you the same way you treat us because we all know payback is a bitch but we just don't because we're simply better than that.

4. But also Karma.

We also don't treat you like that because we know someday someone will make you feel like you're an option and we truly hope you learn something from it from the bottom of our hearts. We hope you enjoy the taste of your own medicine.

5. We know that not everyone has to be best friends.

We totally understand if we're not your plan A. Of course everyone has closer friends and people that they would prefer to hang out with more often than others. But no need to make it that obvious to a point where we feel unwanted and make it oh so crystal clear that we're your plan Z and always will be.

6. We won’t stick around forever.

Lastly, did it ever come across your mind that us, plan Z's, are not dumb and that we have many others in our lives that would love to spend time with us? So just giving you a heads up that we won't be around when you realize you're in need of a real friend/partner.