Treat Everyone With Respect

Treat Everyone With Respect

We Are All Alike And Different, But We Stand Together!

234
Treat Everyone With Respect
Elizabeth Miller

Do you ever see people only communicating with others like themselves? They don't tend to talk to people outside their social status. We tend to forget that there are people who share the same things we do, but we don't get to know them because they're "not as important" as we are. We are so concerned about how people view us, that we don't socialize with other's who aren't like us. We ignore the ones who are struggling just to get by, the ones who save our lives, the ones who have had a rough past. Even though these people exist we don't give them a second thought.

In society today, what matters the most is having money and being respected by people who are "lower" than us. We only tend to care about the people who are in our occupations or groups, we don't look and see who's right in front of us. We are so blinded by being wealthy and noticed, that the people around us aren't acknowledged. We ignore to help the ones who struggle on a day to day basis. We ignore those that have a past they wish they could change. We ignore those who have made mistakes but want to correct them. Is it right for anyone of us to treat others any less of a person? We all are trying to better ourselves and to go after our dreams. Never treat anyone with less respect than anyone of us deserve.

The people you don't think you don't have anything in common with is because their not in your social status, but you would be surprised. Some of us were the class clowns in high school, or the sweet ones, the people that wanted to save lives, or even the ones who were scared and lonely. We all have things in common with one another, but we have to stop acting like there's not other people out there. We all are united, but the thing is, we have to look at whose around us and give respect to everyone.

These day's we only think a person is worth helping if there's something in it for us. We don't do it out of the kindness of our hearts. We don't associate ourselves with people who don't look like us. Society has taught us to be judgmental of people and not help them when they need it. If they don't look a certain way, dress a certain way, or live in huge houses, their considered unimportant to us. Who are we to judge when we also have pasts and things that we do. Getting to know those around us make us stronger. Then no one will feel any less of a person. Even small acts of kindness can build friendships for a life time.

The next time you see someone different from you, introduce yourself to them. Don't be scared of what others will say or think, because their opinions don't matter. Embrace their differences because that's what makes them who they are. Don't let society dictate who you are and who other people are. Don't let stereotypical ideas from letting you create a life long friendship. Spread the kindness to everyone you meet, and you'll never regret a kind gesture!