5 Must-Know Tips For Traveling Like A Pro
Travel

Never waste your vacation money on an $8 water bottle in the airport.

81
person planning trip with map notebook laptop and camera

Traveling is fun, and who doesn't love a little getaway? I personally love traveling and anything that is related to travel. I recently did a lot of traveling to get to where I am now. I would be lying if I didn't say that I learned some of the best tips from it all. So, I have come up with the best tips that I have taken out of this journey that is not yet over and will have even more traveling in my time over here!

1. Bring SNACKS!

I can not stress this enough on how much it will save you. For starters, anyone who's been in an airport knows that no food is cheap and we want to make sure to save that money for our vacation rather than an airport snack. Make sure to bring enough food for when you're departing to and from your destination. Depending on your flight, the snacks are usually not big and sometimes not free. By bringing yourself snacks, you don't need to sit through the whole flight hungry. Instead, you can be that person that everyone will envy because you have a nice mixed nut mixture for the ride. In the end, no one ever regrets bringing snacks with them, so from now on make sure to pack that snack bag.

2. A portable charger will be your best friend

Now people typically just bring chargers and assume that they'll just find an outlet, but we all know that all the outlets are usually being used and often people are not keen to let you have their outlet. So by bringing a portable charger, you won't have to worry about searching for a charger or having a dead phone in an unknown place. Plus when you're out and about on your vacation you'll never need to worry about your phone dying while you're out having a blast!

3. Bring some sort of jacket

I can thank my Girl Scout days for this because I usually don't go anywhere without a jacket! It's good to always be prepared, especially when you're traveling. I don't know if it's just me but airports and airplanes are always COLD! So rather than being freezing while sitting and waiting for your flight or during your flight, you'll be warm and comfy with a jacket.

4. Drink all the water that you can while traveling

This can be done every day but it can be essential when you're traveling. A lot of flying can cause dehydration and that's never fun. Dehydration can also make you more jetlagged, especially if you're doing a lot of traveling at once. So do yourself a favor and make sure to drink up while you're traveling. Bring yourself an empty water bottle and fill it up after security, that way you don't need to buy an $8 water bottle in the airport and waste that vacation money.

5. Your carry-on could be the thing that saves your life!

It's everyone's worst nightmare and it happens to more than we might expect. No one likes to have their bag lost or stolen when traveling. So a tip that I learned is to put anything you'd need for the day that you land plus a few outfits in your carry-on. That way, if your bag does get lost, you won't be totally screwed. So do yourself a favor and make sure to do this for yourself when you're traveling.