Tragedy In The Dark

Tragedy In The Dark

Syria is in need for serious help.

18
Tragedy In The Dark
The Objective

As you may know, the media is vastly corrupted and is completely controlled. You only see what they want you to see and they only show things they believe will be trending. With the various terrorist attacks and horrible tragedies we have seen so far this year, some of the world's devastations go under acknowledged. Of course if a tragedy happens in Paris or London there will be much media coverage on the incident, but other countries' suffering goes unnoticed because the country is small, unimportant, or maybe America doesn't like them as much.

When I began researching world events, to my surprise there were some horrific events occurring for months which I never even heard of. One astonishing tragedy is occurring and has been occurring in Syria since 2011.

Since there is little media coverage on the events happening in this country, I'll give you a run down on what has been happening.

Since the war began it has claimed the lives of over a quarter of a million citizens. Many of them, innocent children.

More than 60% of Syrian children are unable to attend school because there are not enough teachers and many of the school buildings have been damaged or destroyed. The United Nations children’s agency says the war has reversed 10 years of progress in education for Syrian children.

The conflict began because of a protest where several school students being arrested and tortured for writing anti-government graffiti on a wall.

The protest was peaceful, but the government became angered and opened fire on the peaceful protesters. After shooting the protesters, the government proceeded to shoot families who were mourning the death of those victims the next day.

In 2015 Russia also began attacking Syria with bombs and other warfare. In the beginning of 2016 the route used by the Mercy Corps was cut off no longer allowing rescue access to civilians.

These events have caused even more controversies for the refugees such as lack of clean drinking water. The counties have the most scarce water supplies around the world. The refugees who are forced to stay in camps do not have refrigeration or stoves for food and most resort to canned goods.

Also the refugees are forced to suffer through cold winters because there is not any heating or electricity to keep them warm. Also there are many laws which prevent refugees from working and earning money for decent shelter for their families. About 22 million citizens have been forced out of their homes since the war began.

Children are extremely susceptible to malnutrition and various diseases caused by poor sanitation. The cold weather in the winter months increase the risk of pneumonia and respiratory infections.

The Syrian government has been using barrel bombs and chemical weapons which have been banned, on its own people. The amount of airstrikes on cities averages to about 2,000 a month (recently in July there were 7,000).

The government has been targeting hospitals and placing bombs where people who are being treated stay. They even cut off the oxygen tanks of new born babies in the hospitals where all the babies suffocated to death. Assad and the government are not only killing the civilians they torture them firs

Among the horror I have shared, there is plenty more injustices occurring in Syria right now. So before you agree with Trump and not allowing refugees to enter our country you should do some research and gain some empathy for the innocent people.