​7 Red Flags You Should Run From In A Relationship

Toxic traits that scream you should definitely turn the other cheek.

50

Dating in today's generation is hard enough and social media can play a big part in this. (But we'll get to this part later)

This isn't some 2000's reality dating show where we fight over Brett Michaels. NO, this is real life! Sometimes it just feels like there will never be someone who meets your standards and it makes me think guys really are from Jupiter. After many failed attempts at love (and I'm sure MANY more) I'm sharing some of the important dealbreakers that have saved me from *less* heartbreak.

So here are seven red flags you should look out for as you are entering a relationship.

1. If He Doesn't Bring You Around His Friends

Truth is, you act like the people you hang around the most. But what if you never get to see him with his friends? Hmmm, fishy right? Well ladies, don't blow it off. He may seem like the best guy EVER and you two are a perfect fit. But if you don't see him in his "Saturdays are for the boys" mindset...well you're in some deep sh*t because chances are he's hiding that side of him for a good reason.

If he doesn't want to introduce you to his friends after a while, stop and ask him why! Whatever this reason is, decide if it's a good excuse. Tbh, it's probably not.

2. If He Lies About The Small Stuff

Now we all want an honest man. And it's totally normal if they slip up here and there, after all, we're human! But if this guy consistently lies about random things that there's no need to be lied about. I would run. This just opens up the gate to so many more complications.

Example A: "My phone broke in the hurricane."

Yes.

This happened to me.

3. If You Don't Share The Same Beliefs

This one is a little deeper, but probably the most important. If you have intentions of pursuing life with this man, make sure he believes in the same religion or faith. If that man can't pray with you, he can't be with you. AMEN.

4. If He Always Turns It Back On You

Playing the victim is just #notcool. We don't like a manipulative guy, OK? Let's face it, we have enough going on in our lives and the second you see these toxic characteristics surface, don't pick up that baggage. Leave it at the door and be on your merry way.

5. If He Talks About Himself... A LOT!

So this one is a fairly new one I added to my red flags list. If you notice he talks a lot about his achievements and his life but never really asks you about yours, it can seem a little narcissistic. If you begin to feel as if he just doesn't care about what you have to say or learn about your interests. I think it's better you just part ways.

6. If There Are Any Signs Of Insecurity

Insecurity can run deep in all of us. And it's so important this doesn't get in between you and your boo. Going back to social media, it can be easy to compare. Whether it's other relationships or if you notice he gets uncomfortable and frustrated with you liking or posting a pic. Even if he's upset with you complimenting someone else, this isn't healthy. Talk about it and if things don't improve...thank u, next!

7. If He's Too Much Of A Mama's Boy

Okay, okay, I know. This one seems dumb but trust me on this. Too many times I've dated guys that are way too concerned about how their mom would feel if we did something together. Something as simple as going to the beach 15 minutes down the road or even go out to dinner without her. This is just something you don't want to deal with because ultimately, it just causes a buffer in the relationship. You will NEVER win. Now I'm not saying he shouldn't love his mom, that's the exact opposite- you want him to love his mom! But if he's attached at the hip with her, you'll just feel like you're dating both of them. And to that I say, no thank you. I'm not trying to be the third wheel with my bf.