Poetry On Odyssey: What About Now

Poetry On Odyssey: What About Now

A poem about how OCD affects relationships

43
Poetry On Odyssey: What About Now
Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

Sounds of cars honking in the distance fill the air,

as I stand here all alone

with nothing but the wind catching my tears.

Forget what I said,

cause I can't take it back,

all I can do is place it in a bag,

zip it up and forget it,

but that's not how it goes,

and I even know that.

What about now?

What if I'm someone I don't want around,

cause there's so much baggage,

too much to show,

so I hide it,

like I did for the longest time with you,

cause I was afraid to show you,

was afraid that you would be disgusted

with what was hidden.

You used to tell me you loved me,

but I never trusted you,

my mind wouldn't let me,

so, instead I turned my back,

ran far away,

and wrote a book about you.

I hoped that one day God would bring you back,

instead you moved on so easily,

leaving me here in the mist

wandering what to do.

What about now?

Where do I go from here?

Just like my mind I keep wandering,

hoping that I'll fall in the right place,

but instead I find myself praying on my knees,

wandering what's wrong with me,

questioning everything,

and wandering what will become of me.

While you go on your own way,

I'll be here,

barely holding on,

readying myself for the fall,

wandering what will catch me

when I run out of space,

when I finally land back on earth,

cause I'm losing oxygen up here,

and can't breathe.

Even though I know it's time

to say my goodbyes,

my mind won't shut down or forget about you,

because there's a part of my mind that still wants to hold onto a part of you.

So, what about now?

Where do I go?

Because I'm all alone

and lost without a place to call home,

there are no directions for me,

so, I'll keep wandering through the mist,

maybe there's something I'm supposed to know

just quite yet.

All I can do now

is question how I'll ever find a way out,

so, what do I do now?

5 Reasons to Consider a Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty."

62626
Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty." But if you're thinking about becoming a defense attorney, it's not this pretty simple. Defense lawyers argue that their clients are innocent because they don't want their actions to seem suspect in any way. They essentially say for the sake of the argument itself. If you're trying to decide whether or not becoming a defense attorney is something you would like to do, here are five reasons why it's worth considering: