Top Tweets From Hope Students About Labor Day

You might have the day off, but Hope doesn't take a holiday.

27
3lmnews.com

Hey America! I'm glad you had a great Labor Day. It must be nice to have a national holiday off all for the purpose of commemorating and celebrating the social and economic achievements of American workers, right?

Well, here at Hope College we have a different way of celebrating Labor Day, and that is by going to school. It has always been like this, so says one of my professors who has worked at this very institution for 34 years, and there is no sign of change much to the student, faculty and staff's collective dismay. So here is to us, the unfortunate population that has to be in school on this day when all of our friends are hanging at the beach, chilling on a boat, cooking out with friends, or just chilling! We envy you and have major FOMO, but if you don't believe me, here are some funny tweets.

True story tho.

It could be worse. You could be at the beach getting sunburned. You should thank your teacher.

Just pretend like you're waking up early on Christmas morning.

The actual truth.

At least you don't have to do it alone - Hope College stands beside you.

Yup, that's the Hope difference.

We are all confused, very, very confused.