As Women, There Are Some Traits We Should All Be Aiming For

I think women have to be more accepting that certain traits should be more desirable or redefined.

38

I think it is only fair to do a list of traits that women should strive to be. Most women now have a certain idea of how they should be and some of the traits I do not agree with. However, I searched up the top traits and ranked them just like how I did for men. Just like before, I am not saying that one trait is more important than the other, but I am ranking them based on how many times the traits were mentioned on the Internet. Also, some traits may not be on this ranking or may fit into one of these rankings. I think women have to be more accepting that certain traits should be more desirable or redefined since words like "independent woman" get twisted into a different meaning that might be toxic.

1. Mature

When looking through different articles, there was a lot of talk about maturity. It is important for a woman to be mature and it makes sense since biologically, women develop faster than men psychologically and physically, making them more mature than guys.

2. Self-aware, steadfast, positive

A woman knows when she has to standup for what she thinks is right and how to stick to her dreams and needs. But a woman also has to be self aware about herself and how she treats others. It is also good to note that, just like in my other article, positivity comes up again since being positive makes people want to be around you more (that doesn't mean that you always have to be happy and positive, you also need other emotions too).

3. Supportive, smart, honest, kind, gracious, self-integrity, assertive, independent, adaptive, physical, functional, has hobbies/passions

So a lot of the traits listed for this ranking are a mix of different aspects of a woman. But what I mean by independence is that a woman can depend on herself to function and take care of herself financially, yet still ask people for help like her boyfriend/husband/spouse/partner, etc. When women say "I don't need no man," that doesn't necessarily mean that they are independent. A woman doesn't have to always rely on a man for everything, but it is still nice to have a different perspective sometimes that may not be able to achieve from another woman or from just herself. What I mean by physical is the way I said for men, that they take care of their bodies whether by exercising and/or eating healthy.

4. Always learning, heart for justice, listens, faithful, has an open heart, holds no grudges, thoughtful, confident, can be childish

I found it interesting that there was little mention in articles about faithfulness or having an open heart, which I was not expecting. I thought that it would've been higher up on the list, but of course that is only my opinion.

5. Calm, best version of herself, well-spoken, honorable, peacemaker, good manners, not petty, and controls emotions

I thought it was interesting that being Calm and having good manners were not listed higher up on the list but these are important traits to have nonetheless. I think that not being petty and being honorable should be higher up on the list since a lot of girls I know choose to be petty since it makes them feel more in control or to prove a point (not in a productive way). It should be made more clear that girls being petty towards friends, classmates, partners, spouses, family, coworkers, etc. is not an admirable trait. A woman should be able to let things go or talk to the person she is having an issue with instead of being petty or passive aggressive about everything. A woman should be able to deal with confrontation without feeling the need to rely on pettiness.

6. Humble, doesn't chase, keeps her word, avoids gossip, compromises, and has good relationship with parents

I think avoiding gossip should also be a top trait higher on my list since pettiness and gossip are almost synonymous to each other in that they are negative qualities. Also compromising should have been higher on the list, but I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned often.