Top 10 Weezer Songs Of All Time

Top 10 Weezer Songs Of All Time

Did your favorite make the list?

300
Top 10 Weezer Songs Of All Time
Flickr

Weezer is one of those bands that will always be relevant. I remember being ten years old and walking through the halls of school thinking I was the coolest because I had "Make Believe" playing on my iPod nano (2005 was quite a time to be alive, right?) Now I'm twenty two and scream the lyrics to "Say It Ain't So" at karaoke night at the bar. Weezer is a fun, feel good band who are the masterminds behind hits like "Buddy Holly", "Island in the Sun", "Beverly Hills" and "El Scorcho." When I was fifteen years old, I saw them play a set at the 2010 Bamboozle music festival and it was AMAZING. They played all the great hits, kept great energy and performed perfectly! It has recently come to my attention that Weezer will be performing at this year's Firefly Festival in Dover, Delaware on the Friday date. There is an amazing set of performers this year that include Twenty One Pilots, The Weeknd, Chance, the Rapper and Muse.

So, in honor of Weezer performing at Firefly this year, I've decided to make a list of songs Weezer needs to play at their set! These are, in my opinion, Weezer's top ten greatest songs of all time:

10. "Hash Pipe"

"You've got your problems / I've got my eyes wide / You've got your big G's / I've got my hash pipe"

9. "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here"

"The world has turned and left me here / Just where I was before you appeared/ And in your place an empty space / Has filled the void behind my face"

8. "Island in the Sun"

"On an island in the sun / We'll be playing and having fun / And it makes me feel so fine / I can't control my brain"

7. "My Name is Jonas"

"My name is Jonas / I'm carrying the wheel / Thanks for all you've shown us / But this is how we feel"

6. "Across the Sea"

"Why are you so far away from me? / I need help and you're way across the sea / I could never touch you / I think it would be wrong / I've got your letter / You've got my song"

5. "The Sweater Song"

"If you want to destroy my sweater / Hold this thread as I walk away / Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked / Lying on the floor (lying on the floor) / I've come undone"

4. "Buddy Holly"

"Oh, wee-ooh, I look just like Buddy Holly / Oh, oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore / I don't care what they say about us anyway / I don't care 'bout that"

3. "El Scorcho"

"I'm a lot like you, so please, hello, I'm here, I''m waiting / I think I'd be good for you and you'd be good for me

2. "Only in Dreams"

"Only in dreams / We see what it means / Reach out our hands / Hold onto hers / But when we wake / It's all been erased / And so it seems / Only in dreams"

1. "Say It Ain't So"

"Say it ain't so / Your drug is a heart breaker / Say it ain't so / My love is a life taker"

To those who are attending Firefly this year, make sure to attend Weezer's set! I promise that you will not be disappointed! I hope they get to play all of the songs on this list. Enjoy!