Top 10 Ways To Treat Yourself

Top 10 Ways To Treat Yourself

The best ways to relax and enjoy yourself.

151
Top 10 Ways To Treat Yourself
Madison Cole

Life as a college student can be tiring, exhausting, and just plain stressful. However, it can easily be made more enjoyable by learning to treat yourself. Here are some proven ways to finally get the attention and relaxation your mind and body deserves.

1. Get your fave drink

There is nothing quite as fulfilling as grabbing your favorite drink. Maybe it involves a Starbucks run, a pot of herbal tea, a shake, or a soft drink, just take the time to get whatever your heart desires.

2. Listen to music or nature sounds

This is a time to find sounds that help to relax you or put you in a good mood. Try some ocean waves, or even a tropical rainforest while meditating. Play some pop or country if that's what soothes your soul.

3. Light a candle

It's the easiest way to create a new mood in a room. If you're not a fan of candles, there are so many other fragrance options that can help you to satisfy the way you want to feel such as oils, wax warmers, or room sprays. A fragrance is an easy and quick way to lift up your spirits and make your room a little cozier as well.

4. Eat your favorite snacks

This should be any snack that you love, think of a guilty pleasure such as chocolate, yogurt, or ice cream. If you're a health nut you could go for berries, a banana, or really any other treat you like. It should be a simple snack that makes you feel happier.

5. Do some retail therapy by going shopping

With so many sales around the holidays, it's a great time to splurge a little without feeling bad about it. Get that coat you've had your eye on for months.

6. Binge watch your favorite show

Thanks to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon the streaming possibilities are nearly endless and just a click of a button away. My personal recommendations are Gossip Girl and the Stranger Things.

7. Take a bath

Or a shower even, feeling clean is a natural key to relaxation and comfort.

8. Why not get a manicure?

This is honestly one of the easiest ways to feel like you have your life together. So treat yourself to a gel manicure or maybe some stunning acrylics.

9. Do something you love!

This should be an activity that you love, but do not usually have time for, so make some time to do that something special. Maybe it's reading, drawing, or painting. Embrace your favorite hobbies.

10. Get active with your favorite exercise

Excercise brings endorphins, calms down your mind, and has many other benefits. Embrace an exercise that you enjoy. Maybe even dance or hula hooping.

Hopefully, now you can de-stress in no time! Now go take some time to enjoy yourself.