The Basic Valentine's Day Gift List For Young Adult Women

Which ones make your list?

157
KaboomPics

With the end of January and the beginning of February right around the corner, Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching. With Valentine's Day comes all of the gifts, flowers, and special dates out in celebration of the holiday centered around love.

Unfortunately, Valentine's Day can be rather cheesy. Many people stick to getting their significant others standardized presents: flowers, candy, teddy bears, a candlelit dinner for two, a trip to the movies, and the list goes on. Although it's the thought that counts, creativity is always welcome in any relationship. So, here is a list of 10 creative Valentine's Day presents that are sure to make your significant other's heart just melt away.

1. A themed basket of his/her favorite things.

From lottery tickets, to an alcoholic array, to a basket of beauty products and bath bombs, your significant other is sure to love a personalized basket of his/her favorite items, handpicked and completely created all by you!

2. A scavenger hunt.

What's cuter than a scavenger hunt to a big present? Little cute clues spread all around will make your significant other's day complete. The best part of any scavenger hunt is the end result, of course. A scavenger hunt has the freedom to end up wherever you choose!

3. A completely planned day.

Your significant other will definitely appreciate a completely planned day, from breakfast to dinner and every step in between. Besides, what's better than a dinner date with the event and even your outfit already picked out for you?

4. An item he/she has been wanting for some time.

Although Valentine's Day is no where equivalent to Christmas, a small, but expensive gift your significant other has been wanting for some time can do the trick. Expensive perfume, lingerie, or any expensive, romantic presents perfectly fit into this category.

5. A personalized keepsake.

A scrapbook, an engraved heart, pictures in a frame, and the list goes on. Sometimes, the most heartfelt and meaningful gifts are the only ones that truly matter.

6. A romantic date-night in the place you first met.

It can be really fun and extremely romantic to go back to the exact spot you and your significant other first met. Obviously, it is a place that holds extreme value in your relationship and in both of your hearts. Go back and rekindle your relationship!

7. A gift that you can both do together.

Two-heads are better than one, right? A gift that both of you can enjoy and do together as a couple is a gift that serves it purpose. Go out bowling, or go try a new activity. It is always twice the fun with your significant other right by your side.

8. A special road-trip.

Road-trips are fun when they are spontaneous. And, road-trips are even more fun when they have a meaning. Hit all of the local (or not so local) places you and your significant other have always wanted to visit, but just never got the chance to!

9. A grand mixture of all the cheesiest gifts.

Of course, cheesy gifts always make their way into the list somehow. But, when they are done right, a grand mixture of all the cheesiest gifts can make its way into your significant other's heart. Besides, who wouldn't want a big stuffed teddy bear along with a box of heart-shaped chocolate to start off the perfect Valentine's Day?

10. A day of relaxation, and of course, lots of love.

Unlike all of the other gifts that involve money, this one only requires love. If what you and your significant other need the most is a lazy day, then sit back, choose a cute, romantic movie, and spend the whole day relaxing with your significant other by your side. It's simple, it's easy, and it's guaranteed to make your Valentine's Day an unforgettable one.