Top 10 TV Shows Ever

Top 10 TV Shows Ever

A list of my top ten favorite TV shows of all time.

7
Top 10 TV Shows Ever
Zoe Decker

This is not an official List of anything. This is all my personal opinion. Do not spoil any of the TV shows listed for anyone especially me because currently I am binge watching Empire and Lost that have made the list (so please shush about any one of those). These TV shows are based on my personal interest in the story line and how much I care about characters. Also this does not include Game of Thrones because that is in the permanent VIP place in my heart. So if anyone asks why I didn't place GoT it is because you can not put a number on perfection. Now that all those disclaimers are out of the way let us get to the good part.

10. Sleepy Hollow

This is one of those shows that are incredibly addicting and I could never get over. Even with this past season finale where I cried so incredibly much, RIP all of my shipping dreams. Sleepy Hollow has that mystery, supernatural and humor twist to a TV show that anyone could use. Even then I would still watch it because every woman has dreamt of a man like Crane at least once and the fact that he is sort of the goofy genius makes it better. Forever and always will ship Lieutenant and Crane, no matter what anyone says!

9. The Flash and Arrow

I consider these two shows one being because you need to watch one in order to understand what is going on in the other with certain plot points (now including DC Legends of Tomorrow). I lean more towards The Flash because I started watching this show first before Arrow but still got hooked. DC is slowly taking over the TV market and might I say they are doing a wonderful job. I mean who doesn't like watching super heroes save the day and cheer on when their personal life becomes interesting. These shows make even the dullest moments memorable with a crazy twist. The actors could never be replaced. Even when something bad happens to a character you want the best for them, when villains start to win you yell at the TV. It is just what you do.

8. How To Get Away With Murder

Even this show is like an addictive drug, it makes me extremely involved in the show but still not the greatest. The entire premise of the show is the title. Each time you think that the characters are going to move on from the previous horrible events that cause their utter demise they quickly find themselves in a worse situation. I would suggest this TV show to anyone if you want something to honestly make you gasp because not even you would guess the next twist. HTGAWM is one of those shows where you need to keep watching it and could never put it down. Like a really good book. The plus of really good looking actors having a terrible life in law school is an added plus.

7. Gotham

Once again this is one of those addicting DC Comics shows that I absolutely love but I love for the plot line and the incredible acting. But still care about the well being of the characters. If any of you readers have seen the Batman movies (I mean the non Christian Bale ones) this is the show for you! It follows closely with the comics and the fact that you are slowly finding out which villains are which is really fun. I sweat that these directors know exactly what we want when we watch Gotham. The fact that they keep bringing back people we hate makes it even better. I mean Jim Gordon is the best detective and you will be throwing things when anything bad happens to him. You can help but even fall in love with some of the villains because their story is both sad and plus they are just wickedly awesome. If I never saw any of the TV shows before this one I would definitely have this one at number one.

6. Jane the Virgin

If you want to be seriously involved in the life of someone I would recommend this show to anyone. There are serious rivalries and fan clubs about who Jane should be with, I personally am on team Raf. I am sorry I just don't like Michael. No offense to you Michael Fans. This is like a Telenovela for anyone who has seen them before. Jane is one of those loveable characters who you can seriously relate to, minus the whole pregnant virgin part. She is not one of those absurd characters that have crazy expectations and they fall into her lap. Though she does have crazy events that happen around her but she always manages to triumph even when she loses she turns it into a lesson. I would say that Gina Rodriguez is one of those women in today who are amazing role models for young girls. WE LOVE YOU JANE!

Now it comes to the real nitty gritty.

5. Empire

Even though I just started the second season I can tell that this show will get me super into the characters the more that they develop and progress. I even love and hate one of the characters so that is how you know it is good. There is good music that shows insight to how the characters feel at the time. There is also that addictive aspect that some TV shows possess but do not execute properly. Empire executes their addictiveness with an A+ from a future teacher. I would definitely say that this show will be within the top ten list for me for a very long time.

4. Once Upon A Time

This past half of the season I cried literally every episode. It was heart wrenching even in the happy parts. To those of you who are on the fence about this show I would say you need to be pushed to the OUAT fan club side. This entire show has you entirely invested in the characters that you have no choice but to cry, like in the episode before the season finale. You fans know what I am talking about. When you seriously hate a character then grow to love them you know it is good. The show has an incredibly amazing plot line and know how to reach their audience. I am so sad that it took me so long to get into this show but I know I will always be rewatching old episodes and even the new ones. But always in order because that would be madness.

3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

For any person who has ever met me knows that I am obsessed to this show on an atomic level, to the point where I probably am the only one who is in the Giles fan club. This TV show is basically the first Twilight and Vampire Diaries. This show inspired all of that. Buffy has that wonderful 90s charm. Action, drama, love, humor this show basically have it all. Plus hot vampires. I probably never cried so hard for a series finale because my favorite character dies as a hero like they always wanted. And no it isn't Buffy. I became so invested in the characters that I would refuse to watch the show when one of those sad moments happened because I couldn't handle the heartbreak. It was the saddest two hours of my life. But then I get back on the horse and kept watching because that is what Buffy fans do!

2. Lost

This is one show that I just recently became obsessed with, even though it ended six years ago I think that they should do a spin off. I am only on season four and those late night texts to my friends where I say I am crying or start screaming they just ask Lost? and I say yes Then I am told that I get to "into" it. I cry so much in this show I could start a river. I have so much love for all of my favorite characters; Charlie, Locke (not right now because he is crazy), Jack, Hurley, Kate, especially Sayid *heart eyes everywhere*. Basically I love the whole cast. I cry so often because these characters have nothing good. As soon as they gain that it is ripped away from them. Like what show does this??? I am perpetually in a state of sadness because of this show. But it is so addicting because I want them to get off of this island already! Like come on!

1. Revenge

To all of my roommates, minus Cheyenne, I am so sorry with how much I cried, screamed, and got mad because of this TV show. Let me just explain what happens when I watch this TV show: Meet all characters. Hate characters you are supposed to hate. Love characters you are supposed to love. I love the character that had a minor role and then was brutally murdered. I literally walked over to my roommate's side of the room and started to bawl to the point where they made me hot chocolate because I was so upset and I could not even watch the TV show for a whole week because I was such a wreck. I almost skipped class because of this. Second season. You move on and continue to plot along side Emily. Fall in love with another character, who fills your heart just a little bit to stop the sting of the last murder. Then this character is murdered in the cruelest way and Emily finds them making the tears come even worse. Then you have so much hatred in your heart you try to will this evil character dead. Finally your dreams come true but nothing can fill that loss. Even when Emily finds happiness. No one can understand why this TV show has so many feels except Revenge fans. And I will forever be in my heart a Revenge Fan. I will risk the heartache just to rewatch the episodes.

To those shows that I still love and did not make the cut, do not feel offended. Maybe just try a little harder to beat these shows. Just a little.

But if you have any suggestions please let me know! Just as long as they are not as emotional as Revenge! Happy watching!